Clareybobble

Recent loss & trauma

Clareybobble
Posted

Hey everyone. I lost my Dad at the end of September & am not sure where to go from here. I'm not as upset as when it first happened but I still feel sad often. It was hardest for me as I spent lots of time with him, supporting him through his worsening illness & saw things near the end that were awful. It's almost like I'm a different person now coz of all that's happened. 

I'm having bereavement counselling at the Hospice where he passed away which is helpful & the lady I see is soo nice. I mostly just talk about the things I've done or not been able to do since I saw her last. I'm now however, struggling to find my way past taking each day as it comes & getting everything done that needs doing. I often feel like it's a never-ending cycle of crap that is being thrown at me. One thing after another going wrong or things I find difficult. Will this process ever end? 

Sam137
Posted
I lost my mum few years ago it does get easier but you have to let yourself grieve and be down I tried to ignore it but that didn’t help. Also exercise really helps and trying new things. Alcohol isn’t a good idea just makes you feel more down just eat well get lots of rest and try and keep busy