Borahbestie

Sitting meditation

Borahbestie
Posted

I tried the sitting meditation for the first time today. I nearly passed out. I got horribly uncomfortable. I was light headed. I had to slouch and open my eyes. I was in physical pain. I felt like vomiting. Lasted about 5-10 min. And then I could sit straight again. I'm thinking i might need to try it in my rocking chair. No, I'm really quite young but i hate the passing out feeling.  Any advice from anyone on what i should do? Should I stick with the passing out feeling? Or should I try to make it more bearable. I want meditation to be something i can do for the long run. So I think the rocking chair for now. But I really want advice.

Candy
Posted

That's a very interesting reaction. Has it happened to you before? When you sit still in daily life, I mean. Or do you think it was triggered by something else?

Cos
Posted (edited)

I agree you don't need to be sitting to meditate, just go with what ever is comfortable to you while meditating. If that means laying down etc and it feels good, do that.

Edited by Cos
Tine
Posted
11 hours ago, Sany said:

You may simply need to consider the time of day that you practice ...empty stomach or bedtime for example

Yes, thank you @Sany those are more things to consider.

There's so much potential for understanding ourselves better. Some feelings in the tummy might be connected to being hungry or full or having eaten something that doesn't agree with us too well, it might as well be an emotion or thought manifesting in the body like excitement or stress. So many messages to decipher ... so much potential :-)

Borahbestie
Posted

You all are so helpful!!!! Thank you so much!!! I thought I had to do it perfect. Thank you for giving suggestions. Means a lot to me :)