What is your spirit animal?

Pe****

• Members
Posted (edited)

Hi,

How does one figure out their spiritual animal?

Edited by TheAlcheMistress
mispelling
  • Members
Posted

Below is the Google definition, but to me, it’s the animal that you are passionate about and can relate to. I have always loved elephants and they are dear to my heart. I am very concerned about the poaching of these magnificent creatures and I hope to visit Thailand one day, where they have many elephant sanctuaries. 

from Google:
In certain 
spiritual traditions or cultures, spirit animal refers to a spirit which helps guide or protect a person on a journey and whose characteristics that person shares or embodies. It is also metaphor, often humorous, for someone or something a person relates to or admires.

Posted

I highly recommend reading "The Elephant Whisperer" by Lawrence Anthony. I love elephants too and this book made me love them even more! It's a wonderful and inspiring true story about African elephants.

• Members
Posted

I am by birth a falcon, with the Raven as my watcher in native American animal totem, and an owl in my own culture the Celtic totem. ?? Love and strongly relate to them both.xx

• Members
Posted

Greetings!

I identify with the gorilla as my spiritual animal. They are the strong silent type and so am I! They are graceful in movement around their natural habitat and they way they care for their young represents caring and strength and wisdom used. They are also handsome creatures and their coloring is deep and mysterious. Overall their presence is what I most feel I am like. 

• Members
Posted

Aloha, my spirit animal is the :whale2: Blue Whale. She is majestic and gentle and lives within my favorite element - water!  She's mysterious and yet magical and welcoming. I've always felt a deep connection to the ocean and have a passion for ocean conservation. I felt more in tune with my spirit animal after becoming a mother. My calf(s) are my deepest loves and constant companions as I navigate the calm and sometimes choppy waves of life. I've am humbled to have met her twice in my lifetime. Once in British Columbia and the other off the shores of Oahu. 

• Members
Posted

Whales are such intelligent and beautiful creatures ?

• Members
Posted

I find this topic equally interesting and frustrating! ? I'm on a few "spiritual awareness" groups on f book etc. One thing that I always noticed is that most people seem to choose "cool" animals as their spirit animal so I often question if that is their ego deciding that. 

I've never heard of anyone claiming that theirs is a toad, or a centipede or anything like that. It's always the animals that one might find on a tye-dye tee-shirt ?

But I do get that the idea of "spirit animal" can have a few definitions also.

For me, I wouldn't consider that I have a particular animal - I love and feel connected to most. I used to get freaked out by things like wasps etc so I researched their behaviour and found them to be quite fascinating little things. Once I understood why they behaved the way they did I found myself reasoning with them to get out my house rather than swatting them! It was interesting that if I flowed a little admiration towards them they tended not to get in my face and eventually leave out an open window.

I do consider myself a bit of an "animal magnet" though as I'm lucky that wild animals always seem kind of curious towards me and will often come closer to me than other people.

They're all magical in their own ways I guess. 

Last thought....do you think that animals ever wonder who their spirit human is?

• Members
Posted

Perhaps I should have titled my topic differently. I did not “choose” my animal based on how “cool” it is nor does it have anything to do with my ego. I certainly didn’t choose elephants because they would look good on a t-shirt. I find this kind of insulting. I was only inquiring about what animals they feel connected to. I’m sorry I used the incorrect terminology. 

• Members
Posted

I'm sorry also if it came across as insulting - it wasn't supposed to be. It is a genuine question though. I only brought it up because I have observed that many people seem to choose their animal. And again, they almost always seem to "connect" with the "cool" ones. I've seen this question posted on many "spiritual" groups and (genuinely) I'm interested in whether this has a connection with people's ego. As far as I'm aware the ego can create many tricks (many I've fallen for) and I just find it peculiar that I find no "spiritual" warthogs or possums, yet there seems to be thousands of eagles, wolves and lions. To me anyway, most people (most. Not all) jump on the spirit animal bandwagon  (many without really looking into it) and simply state what their animal is like it's some sort of avatar of themselves. Like a mirror that changes one into an animal form that they'd choose. 

I'm in no way bashing you for what you believe  (or even know) about yourself. And if it helps, I don't see many people having connections (in this sense) with elephants - and I totally agree that they are amazing beings. In particular I love that "look of sentience" they have in their eyes and cannot understand why people would want to harm them (as with all animals).

I was just looking for another perspective on this subject. I hope this makes more sense, and apologies if you felt insulted.

• Members
Posted

Thank you so much for the apology. I’m sorry if I came off too brusque in my reply. I didn’t mean it. Namaste ? 

• Members
Posted

No need to apologise Pennylane. I get a lot worse when I question this on other sites ?.

Ok, if I'm to answer your question, the answer would be that they're ALL my spiritual animals (although technically I don't own them). 

Keep being you. ?

• 3 years later...
  • Members
Posted

I don't know how to determine which one it is, but  I would like to learn how I can tell what animal is my spirit guide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
I have an affinity with and am at one with cats and I feel I am the protector of rabbits. I also like goats and ducks. But to answer the question, cats, large and small although I only get to cuddle small domestic ones 😉😂 I love their purr. The sound calms me and fills me with joys. I am also like a cat, affectionate and loving but occasionally a real arse who just wants to be alone and not be touched.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I think my spirit animal is a kangaroo. I look like one according to myself. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

my spirit animal is the owl 🤭

• Members
Posted

My spirit animal is the wolf. The wolf symbolizes intuition, intelligence, and a strong connection to instincts.