Books, books, books.....

Bj****

Posted

Yes to "the five agreements". I loved it, and it was truly inspiring.  Here's a link to the summary of the four agreements in our magazine - the predecessor of this book.

I just finished "Radicalized" by Cory Doctorow - Four highly relevant, fascinating and entertaining stories where he walks just a few steps further down a few roads we are already on.

"Sapiens" and "Home Deus" by Noah Yuval Harari are probably classics by now.

A completely different style to Doctorow but at the same time another useful collection of insights that support my efforts to understand what is going on right now, where we come from, and where we are heading and how I can play a positive part in all of that.

Posted

Thanks Tine! I´ve read Homo Deus, great book!! So, Sapiens is on my list!

I´m not the biggest SF Fan, but that Doctorow book doesn´t sound too bad, i will have a deeper look ;) Thank you

Posted

Cool! Thanks Lizzie, at least one funny book i will need and both sound great!

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted
I have read becoming Supernatural by dr Joe dispenza and have been to his progressive workshop and he speaks so much sense. That book will make you think a lot about how you live your life. I would highly reccomend it. ?
Posted
On 10/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, Jon_love said:

I have read becoming Supernatural by dr Joe dispenza and have been to his progressive workshop and he speaks so much sense. That book will make you think a lot about how you live your life. I would highly reccomend it. ?

Did something supernatural happened during that workshop? How was that experience? I heard it as an audiobook and i liked it! Really interesting, i may read it again.

• Members
Posted

The power of Now is w great mindfulness book.  The art of war is also one of my favorites.

• 1 month later...
Posted

I just read Viktor E. Frankl's book "Man's Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust". It sounds strange but it's easy to read and - this is less surprising - extremely insightful.

Posted
15 hours ago, Tine said:

I just read Viktor E. Frankl's book "Man's Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust". It sounds strange but it's easy to read and - this is less surprising - extremely insightful.

that book sounds really interesting!! thanks for sharing

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

"The Power of Now" is my favorite. It always calms me and stops me from stressing. 

• Members
Posted

I can recommend anything by Brene Brown. Have just finished 'Braving the Wilderness'. Inspiring but down to earth.

Posted
On 1/15/2020 at 10:51 PM, Joyce said:

I can recommend anything by Brene Brown. Have just finished 'Braving the Wilderness'. Inspiring but down to earth.

I absolutely agree. Brene Brown is amazing. "The Gifts of Imperfection" was the first one I read - It was recommended to me by @Julius. Meanwhile I also read "Braving the Wilderness" and I am about to finish "Dare to Lead".

She's about to launch a Podcast soon.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

I have just finished reading 'The Book of Joy' ...a series of interviews with the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, commentary by Douglas Abrams. What an amazing book, these two men are full of wisdom, humour and especially joy.

(By the way, can I also recommend a Facebook reading group I have recently joined, for women keen to read and discuss a range of personal development books in an informal but supportive way...look up Emerge Book Circle.) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Currently reading Michael Singer's 'The Surrender Experiment.' Intriguing!

• 1 month later...
Posted

Thank you for sharing Jerome ?  It is definitely an uncertain and stressful time and reading can be a great tool to deal with that or even just to escape for a bit.  

• Members
Posted

Hi Jerome, I  love anything by Thich Nhat Hahn (Zen Buddhist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner). 'How to Relax' is a good place to start. His writing is so simple, clear and beautiful. Warm vibes come off every page.  Each chapter could form the basis of a meditation/mindfulness practice. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Do you want a life full of health and happiness?

Our FREE eBOOK '6 ways to a Balanced Life and Happiness' is here for you!

Take advantage and start with the first steps of your inner and outer change into a wonderful experience with indisputable results.

Download HERE and Enjoy ??
 https://bit.ly/2ZUkQXO

3.jpg

• 7 months later...
Posted

I've just started reading the psychological thriller 'The Silent Patient' by Alex Michaelides, and so far it's really good! Before that I was reading the absolutely wonderful novel 'The Thursday Murder Club' by Richard Osman - and I really enjoyed it so so much!

• 7 months later...
  • Members
Posted

I wanted to share this awesome book that I have really enjoyed reading.  It has helped increase productivity and help foster my happiness!  It's called Essentialism by Greg McKeown and you can snag it here Essentialism: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804137404 The Disciplined Pursuit of Less

What are some other great reads?

Posted

Thanks for sharing! 🙏

Posted

Amelia Abraham (editor) – We can do better than this / 35 voices on the future of LGBTQ+ rights

is a book I just finished. I loved that it combined so many different voices and aspects. It's an extra treat if you listen to the audiobook.