COVID-19 and Children

Ja****

• Members
Posted

I would like to ask about to what extent are children likely to be infected by this virus? And What are the major steps that should be take and prevent such infections.

Thank you 

• Members
Posted

Children are every bit as susceptible as adults..

Posted

Some large scale studies in various countries have shown that infection rates are absolutely similar in all age groups. In Sweden for example the percentage of infected children was equally high as adults or seniors. However as children have much stronger immune systems nearly all of their infections go asymptomatic and undetected. After having researched extensively about Covid-19, personally I don't worry at all about children in my family or myself being infected. The younger and healthier one is, the lower the chance of even any symptoms showing up. Unless their immune system is heavily compromised in my opinion there is very little need to worry.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Children actually tolerate Covid much better than adults. However, there are many complications associated with vascular thrombosis in children. There are already statistics for England and this is bleak (I would vote for distance learning but I see that it does not work for primary school. My child is ready to play games for boys all day long if i don't control it. I have never limited him, but I see that only live communication and the presence of a teacher in the class motivates him to study. How are your children learning now?

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

I always find the data to be helpful in situations like this. Attached are some numbers on deaths from the Heritage foundation. Not exactly the same as infections, but definitely shows the risk is substantially lower in young children.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 07.37.05.png

Edited by joesvetz