Happiness versus Contentment

La****

Posted

I think a lot of people can relate to the feeling of wanting someone else there to share a situation, a place, an experience, or even life with. Once the situation in the world has become more normal it will once again be easier to connect face to face with others, and get to know people to form friendships and relationships. Being able to feel contentment even when we feel like something's missing is something positive I think, as it is easy to fall into a more bitter and negative state of mind.
Wishing you a lovely week! ?

Posted

As you listed some of the beautiful things you are grateful for, it reminded me of a conversation with a friend I had on the weekend. We made a little tour to the nearby coast to enjoy the weather, and while he was on the lookout for things that were lacking, I was soaking in the contentment of all the things we had. We made fun of it and turned it into a bit of practice throughout the day. When he pointed out what could be better, I would point out what is already excellent. It was a great day.

On the other hand, deep connection and friendship with other humans is the essential source of happiness and contentment. While it is a blessing to sit and watch a hummingbird, there's this need to share the beauty of that moment. Maybe even alone, we can soak those moments up on behalf of all humans and enjoy the deep care reflected in the wish to share it.