How to reduced stress/anxiety

Ka****

• Members
Posted
What are exercises , yoga and food can help to reduce anxiety and stress?
Posted

Hi! 
I'm sharing a few articles from the Magazine regarding stress management and different ways of dealing with stress and anxiety. Hope you find them useful! 🌱

Posted

If you open the forum post you'll see the links I shared. Hope you enjoy the read! 💫

• Members
Posted

At such moments I try to set aside time for relaxation and look at old photos where I'm happy.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

Yoga has been a big help for me. I never really liked it cause I'm not as flexible as everyone but the breathing exercise really helped me calm down and just be in the moment.

• Members
Posted

Meditation has been helpful to reduce stress and mood swings. Just found new good meditation video from Great Meditation channel: https://shrinke.me/RYmBYe1. Additionally, workout (cardio, gym) in the mornings has helped a lot. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted
From eating chocolate to meditating, there is a quick stress-relieving tactic for everyone.
  1. Breathe. Slow, deep breaths can help lower blood pressure and heart rate. 
  2. Listen to Music. 
  3. Take a Quick Walk. 
  4. Find the Sun. ...
  5. Give Yourself a Hand Massage.
  • Members
Posted
  • Use guided meditation. Guided meditation is a great way to distract yourself from the stress of day-to-day life. 
  • Practice deep breathing.
  • Maintain physical exercise and good nutrition. 
  • Manage social media time.
  • Connect with others
  • Members
Posted

Exercising can help to reduce anxiety and stress. Yoga is also an effective way of reducing anxiety and stress levels. Eating healthy foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, proteins, and certain spices, can also help reduce anxiety and stress.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
On 9/20/2021 at 5:10 AM, Kazshah said:

What are exercises , yoga and food can help to reduce anxiety and stress?

My stress grew a lot since remote work started with the pandemic. I've experienced some high levels of stress and burnout I've never experienced before. 

thinkremote.com blog posts have some great tips on mental health for remote employees, you could check them to analyse some different perspectives.

Howevder, follow a schedule, meditate every day, and don't over work. If you're out of time, extra hours would help you get the work done but you'll suffer some bad consequences at the end of the week. Trust me, there's nothing like psychological health for a happier life. 

• 6 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Listen to your inner voice.. If you want to reduce your stress, do things that make you happy.

You can do yoga, exercise and eat a healthy diet. But apart from this, you can also mediate which will also make you feel calm and peaceful.

Listening to some guided mediation can give you some relief.

Sound healing mediation is also a great way to relieve stress and anxiety.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
Posted

It's great reading these and seeing what other people do. I actually just woke up to anxiety for no reason. Usually it has an obvious reason. The odd thing about it is that any little thing can trigger it so I had to deal with this a lot, and with Covid it went nuts. But I havent used any benzos in a long time using the following techniques.

For me I use

1. Focusing on the senses, which is basically a mindfulness meditation

2. I try to find what thought or feeling is causing the issue and nullify it. There usually is something in the back of your mind. The subconscious can be your worst enemy or your best friend.

3. I get mad. Your body is triggering a fight or flight, stop the flight- start the fight. Get mad at your anxiety, tell it to fuck off.

4. Think of it like a storm that will pass. It usually does within 30 min, 60 min for the bad ones.

5. Improve your life. Work towards a goal you care about and get out of bad situations. Environment and situation are much larger factors thsn I realized. I just finished a big project and I feel like I accomplished something I care about so my anxiety has been better lately, I think that's a huge reason why.

6. Do things for others. It makes you feel good about yourself and stop bad feelings like you deserve this. You don't deserve it, nobody does.

7. Do things for you. I work 7 days a week and noticed I started to get worse as time went. I stopped doing anything fun for myself and just worked all the time. Cortisol is bad for you and you need to play to keep cortisol away.

8. Believe. Knowing that you can stop it is a huge part of the puzzle and can help you get off of medication. Your mind works just as good without the side effects.

9. I watch anxiety meme, funny animal videos, Staying away from social media.

10. buy 1 lottery ticket... 

I got a lot of these, I've struggled with it pretty bad for years and finally starting to see some relief. Now, I can stop a panic attack with my mind in 5 min sometimes and they happen less frequently. You get better at it overtime.

• Members
Posted

Meditation is great for reducing anxiety and stress. You should take a look at the 'Meditation' topic in this forum for a lot of information on the different types of meditation (I myself prefer a type called mindful meditation).

As far as diet, consider green tea - it's well known for its calming effect. Green tea contains an amino acid called L-theanine which is responsible for the calming properties of green tea. If you aren't a tea drinker you can buy L-theanine supplements - many people try that supplement to help with stress and anxiety.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Many people may not realize the negative effects of stress and anxiety on their body and mental health. The best way to reduce stress is to learn about its causes and how to manage it. One way to reduce stress is through meditation. Meditation can help you relax and develop a more positive outlook on life. If you get reduce your stress anxiety you must to need mental health services.