INTJ type - learning to lead with my heart

Te****

• Members
Posted

I have learned some things about myself in the last few years. I tend to let my head rule over my heart, as a result I can be a cold person who is not naturally empathetic. I have had loved ones in crisis and it didn't register with me like it should have. I would take them to the doctor, mend their wounds and take them to the eye doctor but showing real concern/empathy was and is a challenge for me. I put it down to my childhood abuse at a very young age in foster care where I learned to cut myself from my feelings and become a cold fish as a coping mechanism. This doesn't help the people in my life who need my emotional availability. I tend to be clinical in my approach to life/relationships which does alienate people. My Myers//Briggs profile says I'm an INTJ, which means I lead with my head instead of the heart. I have to access my feelings to show my loved ones that I love them. Before it's too late. I could be dead tomorrow (car accident, heart attack) and I need for my loved ones to feel the nurturing that love provides. What can I do to become a more empathetic person?

Posted

I think it's great that you are even reflecting over these tendencies and open to try and make changes in your way to approach people and situations. That's already a huge step! 🙏

I found a couple articles in the magazine that you might find interesting: 

• Members
Posted

Thanks for the links, much food for thought and the heart!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Posted
On 9/27/2021 at 9:54 AM, Lizzie said:

I think it's great that you are even reflecting over these tendencies and open to try and make changes in your way to approach people and situations. That's already a huge step! 🙏

I found a couple articles in the magazine that you might find interesting: 

I'm studying psychology. It's quite intriguing. These kinds of questions are essential to your development as a theme narrative practitioner. and the topic is really important. Even I had some interest in this question. I recently had to prepare a paper on a relevant topic. If you have any difficulties creating a paper, I advise paying attention to the numerous writing services. They will support expanding the question medical fellowship personal statements is a fantastic example. They are in great numbers. You can select the choice that best meets your needs.

thanks for sharing this info!