Work Life Balance

An****

Posted

This reminds me of the quote: "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." However, it's not that easy always. I realised it several times that if I enjoy working too much, I forget about other needs. There exists the four-burners-theory that reflects live as a stove with four burners: family, friends, health and work. The theory says: "In order to be successful l you have to cut off one of your burners. And in order to be really successful, you have to cut off two.” that really hurts! I'm also not sure what to think about this theory. Any opinions about it?

• Members
Posted

For me , what matters is to feel Human wherever I am , With my Family, friends or at Work . I don't rate success by my Bank Balance or my Job. I rate my success by knowing how I feel. So I dont need to cut off anything as per my life . I only need to build up so that I can give my best at every situation.

Posted

I also like to always give my best in each situation and be human. If I'm with my kids I try to be fully present and enjoy the time. But time is limited and I also need to go to work to take care of the living. It's good to rate on feelings because if I wouldn't do it I lack health. Which brings me back to the four burners theory. I don't particularly defend it but it tries to find an explanation on some struggles of work-life balance.

Anyhow. I just saw this video here and wanted to share it as I reminded me of the conversation here: