Can an online course change your life?

Tine

Posted

I would say yes and here is why:

The most influential course I took was "the science of happiness" about which I wrote an article for the Happiness Magazine a few years ago when happiness.com was just a little blog. Since then many things changed (for the better), and I think it is fair to attribute a big chunk of it to this course because it convinced me to start with meditation. I then did an MBSR (meditation-based stress reduction) course, and a few years later I am a certified meditation and MBSR teacher.

What is your favourite course and why?

How did it influence your life?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

rather not, but it can definitely be a valuable investment in your future, useful experience and skills

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

I loved the book that was used with my MBSR course,  Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn and found it helpful. I have been studying soul traits using a couple of books for quite some time. The books we used were

Every day holiness by Alan Morinis and Mussar yoga by Edith Brotman and Alan Morinis.  Studying the traits has definitely changed my life. Each trait (patience, humility, equanimity and more), are practiced for a month with a group of participants who journal, practice, etc. between meetings. During the pandemic I completed beginner's yoga (230 hours) and now am in 300 hour training. Yoga is amazing tool. I am certified in meditation and various types of yoga. I'm a life long learner and curiosity breeds happiness for me.

Posted
On 5/17/2021 at 10:37 PM, susann10 said:

Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn

I read that too. Great book - though I was a bit intimidated by the size of it. ?

Are the traits similar to the nine attitudes of mindfulness tought in MBSR?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I am doing the MBSR course now and would like to get certified, where is that offered and is there an online course like this?

Posted

@Dcharles1 You will get a certificate at the end of the MBSR course in the academy when you have finished it successfully, when you have already enrolled.

We are changing the structure of the course at the moment. A wonderful self-paced course is available here and the teacher led online course with live sessions will start on happiness.com on the 1st of September 2021.

• Members
Posted

Ok thank you. I will continue on with this one and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Personlove101
Posted

The Peace and Mind technique is an AMAZING course to learn how to be successful in all aspects of life! I've watched videos and followed the expert advice from home without neglecting work and spending time with my family. The course follows proven methods to connect with your true self and harmonize your life in any aspects like, relationship, health and career and more. Janine is the instructors name and will be available to answer any questions to support you and help you find the precious land of peace within. You can also send me a message and will be happy to help!!

7.png

8.png

9.png

Posted

Dear @Personlove101,

While I appreciate the info about the offering, I think a subtler way to introduce it here would be more appropriate.
How about telling a bit more about it in a post or creating a forum topic with explanations and some teaser exercises? You are also more than welcome to engage in conversations with people and on forum topics.

This tastes like blatant advertisement and is not quite the style we encourage on happiness.com.

For collaborations on online courses you can reach out directly to me. I already send you a private message. 🙂

Thank you for your understanding and support for the community! 🙏