Resources for guided meditations

Tine

• 5 months later...
Posted

Please add links to your favourite guided meditations here.

I am curious to learn about what others enjoy and why. ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Thank you for sharing the YouTube links. I spent the last 15 mins to find the audio for the body scan meditation. I'm starting the course today! Day 1 ?

Posted

Thank you, @Mayliss, for letting me know. I have now added all the links to the guided meditations used in this course to the overview.

I am excited to read more about your journey through the course.

• Members
Posted

Hi, I’ve started this today. I also struggled to find the audio body scan and found these links in the end. I guess I expected the link to be in with the text for week 1. Just done my first body scan. 

Posted
46 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Hi, I’ve started this today. I also struggled to find the audio body scan and found these links in the end. I guess I expected the link to be in with the text for week 1. Just done my first body scan. 

Congratulations on starting the course and your first bodyscan. ?

I have added a link to this overview page to all the practice sheets. Where else would you expect the link so I can add it there too? Thank you for your support. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I have started the course today and am fully prepared, I am keeping a book documenting all of my thoughts throughout, as well as useful things to look back on and tools I prefer. Thanks for the support

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
On 9/3/2019 at 5:39 AM, Berta said:

Mooji's talks and meditations are quite inspiring to me: 

I love the “invitation to freedom” and stop video by him on you tube!,,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Thank you I love practising the body scan. I did 30 minutes and 20 minutes, both very good. I learned a lot from my body.

Posted
On 11/22/2019 at 3:03 AM, KKPinkowski said:

This is a really nice and well led meditation.

There's one thing I'd like to point out. In the MBSR practices we are mostly looking at what is already there without adding to it, evoking sensations or trying to get rid of sensations, toughts or emotions. This color meditation asks you to do the bodyscan with the twist of sending a certain color into the different parts of the body. This is not the non-judgemental curiosity and openness towards what is already there the classic MBSR bodyscan cultivates.

Maybe try both and see the different approaches for yourself. ?

• Members
Posted

I can definitely appreciate the difference between the two.  The colour meditation has been a favourite of mine for a while now - but this program has brought me back to basics on the body scan which I really like.  Thanks for pointing out the non-judgmental idea of it - that’s certainly a nuance I wouldn’t have come to on my own.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Hi, I started this a few days ago . I am extremely exited and looking forward to this course. I have done the body scan but can’t tell a difference but I guess it’s to soon to see an change also I fall asleep while listening does it still work , and finally for the first week do I just concentrate on the body scan or all the other topics mentioned in week 1 i.e mindfulness/ mindful eating ?

Thank you for this support ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Have just started this course. 

Which body scan do we do? Or do we do them all? Can we choose a different one each day?

Posted

@NicH Welcome! ?

You can choose one each day.

Posted
On 12/29/2019 at 5:23 AM, Rabina said:

Hi, I started this a few days ago . I am extremely exited and looking forward to this course. I have done the body scan but can’t tell a difference but I guess it’s to soon to see an change also I fall asleep while listening does it still work , and finally for the first week do I just concentrate on the body scan or all the other topics mentioned in week 1 i.e mindfulness/ mindful eating ?

Thank you for this support ?

Sorry @Rabina your post slipped through under my holiday radar. I assume you are way beyond those questions already, but I'll answer them anyway.

The formal task for the first week is practising the guided bodyscan on 6 out of 7 days.
The informal practice - for which there is also a practice sheet to be filled out - is simple awareness and simple awareness can be mindful eating as well.

So you have two tasks for each day: doing the bodyscan and practising simple awareness at least once.you post sliped through under my hioliday radar.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

Hello everyone, where can I find week 6 mountain or lake meditations?

Thank you

Posted

@Udumbara Thank you for pointing this out. I have added them for everyone in the overview (the first post in this topic). :$

• Members
Posted

Thank you for these! I prefer shorter ones as I tend to drift to sleep before the ending! Practising with the informal-amazing how much I do without thinking about it as my mind is wandering somewhere far, far away.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

I am really enjoying the guided meditations. It is so helpful to keep my thoughts and awareness focused. Even in the brief silences, I can easily slip away into thoughts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Y'all probably know about these resources, but I'll post anyway :)

Dharmaseed is a collection of thousands of insight meditation talks and guided meditations. Literally, thousands. https://dharmaseed.org/talks/?search=guided&sort=-rec_date&page_items=10

Gil Frondsdal is a dharma hero of mine, and his cache of talks and guided meditations is dope as well: https://www.audiodharma.org/

Both of these resources have mobile app versions as well.

Edited by dawnrobertson
  • 1 month later...