Which positive effects of yoga do you experience?

Yvonne

Posted

There are a lot of studies around yoga and which health benefits it has. Many of them exploring just the positive effect of the physical body. However, what yoga does is to explore a reunion of body and mind. Western culture is currently rediscovering a holistic approach about our being. We see each other as a physical part and a mental part and talk about physical therapy and psychotherapy. As a result, we try to "cure" the mind or the "body" forgetting that we are one.

Yoga for me is a powerful tool to overcome this obstacle. To feel body and mind as one lead me to a transformation. I am less worried and less stressed which has a fantastic impact on my mood. This sounds great, right? I'm practising vinyasa and hatha yoga for years, and I see which progress I made already in some postures. However, I still feel like a beginner comparing myself with other yogis sometimes what can put me down. There's always more to learn. Which experiences have you made with yoga?

• 1 month later...
Posted

What does yoga do for you? For some it's a workout, for others it is more than just that. What is it for you?

Posted
For me , it gives me the best of both physical and mental benefits! As well as keeping me stretchy and fit, the focus involved calms my mind and seems to sit with me for days after, too. I've just got my mum into it at 68 and she is noticing the benefits too :)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I saw so many posts about yoga in the forum, but I don't how to do it. Can someone tell me how I start? Is it good for my body? What can I learn?

Posted
Yoga is not only great for the body but also for the mind :) When I come out of a class I feel mentally calm for days. If you've never done it before you could always search a beginner's video on YouTube and start at home... or better still I'd say just jump straight into a class near you, beginner's of course. Hatha yoga is a good start as well as not super dynamic! ENJOY!
Posted

I think yoga can benefit you in so many ways. It's great to mentally calm down and just focus on breathing and being in the moment, but it is also a workout! I would suggest either checking out Yoga with Adrienne (or any other online yoga videos) or go to an actual class where you live.

Many gyms offer yoga classes too, so if you're already a member of a gym it could be worth checking out. A lot of yoga studios will offer the first class for free or at a reduced price :) 

Posted
I'm a yoga addict and finally became yoga teacher. Yoga combines movements with your breathing and guides you to your inner self. I would recommend to start with a Sun salutation. It's a little sequence that gives you already good insights to work on it. You can just contact me when you hae any furthre questions. :)
  • 3 months later...
Posted

I've always wanted to learn yoga. Thanks for the recommandations!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Example yoga

https://dausel.co/bBBvCC

Its Easy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
On 5/23/2019 at 3:56 PM, LilyVanily said:

I saw so many posts about yoga in the forum, but I don't how to do it. Can someone tell me how I start? Is it good for my body? What can I learn?

Am wondering how you're getting on LilyVanily?  Did you try any of the beginner's stuff on YouTube?  So much to choose from it can be a bit of a minefield.  

I have wanted to do yoga for years but struggled with it because I'm not very limber and a bit overweight.  Even the videos for bigger girls didn't work for me because those girls were wonderfully fit and I'm not.  Through endless searches I eventually found some simple stretches and seated yoga that I find absolutely brilliant and have been doing them for a couple of years now.  One day, I hope to progress to floor work.  Bought a mat and block and tried a while back but it was counter productive trying to run before I can walk.  ?

The simple stretches I do are great for relaxation before mediation helps me to settle quicker and meditation for longer.  

• Members
Posted

The person does not adjust to fit the yoga practice. The yoga practice is adjusted to fit the person. 

For those just starting out, I highly recommend seeking out a local instructor and invest in a handful of private sessions. The terminology is one of the biggest learning curves when just getting started in yoga. Plus, you want a teacher who can and WILL adjust the practice and the poses to you and your body as well as assist you in learning and connecting with your body. You can't get that from anything online. 

Namaste.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Posted

Please serve Humanity by informing people about this UNIQUE AUTOMATIC YOGA

Prayer/Meditation to photo image of Gurudev Siyag can heal any disease(PROBLEM) viz Physical, Mental and Spiritual.

A matter of research for Scientists

Www.the-comforter.org

Facebook.com/ExperienceGurudevSiyag

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

Is yoga meditation necessary for a peace full life

Posted

A lot of people find yoga and meditation to be great tools to overall wellbeing and happiness 🙌 However you should do what you feel works best for you! There are lots of different kinds of yoga and meditation, so if you're curious but not sure what's right for you, I'd suggest you try a few different types to see if anything reonates with you.

I'll share a few links from the magazine if you're interested in finding out more!