Hi I’m new here and I need advice

• Members
Posted

She seems to need professional help. Psychotherapy from a psychiatrist will help a lot. If this is too much, sign her up for charity work. Helping people or animals freely should boosts her confidence to get her out of her comfort zone.

• Members
Posted

I know a few people who were/are are pretty lonely. Every now and then I was lonely too and I wasn't in a relationship until I was 25 years old (I'm 27 now) even though I don't think I'm ugly or havinga weight problem.

My problem was thinking my happiness would depend on other people and I thought I needed a girlfriend to become happy. Unfortunately, this mindset is very unattractive and unhealthy fora relationship.

I hope, she can learn to be proud of herself for what she's already achieved in life and she can take care about herself by following her dreams.

I know it sounds sad to go to the cinema or on vacation alone, but if that's what makes her happy, she should do it - no matter if she has friends or a relationship.

And when people see how she is enjoyig life, they will be a lot more attracted to her. And when she doesn't need a partner to make her happy, she is a lot more independend and confident in a relationship.

She can also try to visit her friends far away. It doesn't have to be every week, but a little social contact can change a lot.

And by the way...
You are an amazing dad.