Loneliness

Ha****

Posted
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling lonely, but perhaps you can find some comfort in the fact that this is something a lot of people are struggling with. COVID has definitely made it harder to meet new friends and socialize more freely too. Please know that our community is a safe and supportive place, where we encourage connections between people.
Things WILL get better, and you are so much stronger than you think! 🌈
  • Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Lizzie said:

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling lonely, but perhaps you can find some comfort in the fact that this is something a lot of people are struggling with. COVID has definitely made it harder to meet new friends and socialize more freely too. Please know that our community is a safe and supportive place, where we encourage connections between people.
Things WILL get better, and you are so much stronger than you think! 🌈

Thank you so much Lizzie. Your words helped me :)

Posted

Here's what I did - it doesn't replace friendship immediately, but it gives structure and something to look forward to. I joined a Sangha, which is meeting online, but I'll meet all these people IRL one day. There are also activist groups that meet regularly, which combine the sense of belonging with a sense of purpose which I love as with everything that is going on in the world, I can feel helpless, and those groups give me back my sense of agency.

• Members
Posted

Thanks Tine and I like this platform too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted
On 1/18/2022 at 4:52 AM, Hallooooo said:

I feel very lonely at the moment. I have no friends and it's very hard sometimes. Corona doesn't make it better. It feels like everybody focus on theirselves and nobody looks how the others around them feel. I am 18 years old, my school is done, but i don't make real friends over the years and i am struggeling a little bit what to do after school now. I have a job and that is my little happyness at the  moment. Maby it's the whole crazy Corona or the number of fake friends i made that make me feel a kind of emptyness, but is there somebody with similar experiences or with an advice for me? Thank you.

Why dont you have friends? I think you should analize to yourself and make a change

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

hi .it's very sad to hear you  feel lonely you have to me friends to stay away from it you should be live a life of  stress free don't think you are alone everyone is with you..  .

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Ever more clearly, we all live, so often impoverished, in such a tightly strained attention economy, then all the more, in the immortal words of Simone Weil: “Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.” And emphatically, the wise investment of attention which is optimal reciprocal engagement, consistently accrues the highest return in like kind for everyone involved. So pay attention to me, damn it! Be interested, be interesting. Stay interested. Include me. Because, to quote Barbara Sher: “Isolation is the true dream killer, not your attitude.” Moreover, in the wise words of Carl Gustav Jung: “Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate to others the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible . . . If a man knows more than others, he becomes lonely.” For as Michel Eyquem De Montaigne admits: “There is no pleasure to me without communication: there is not so much as a sprightly thought comes into my mind that it does not grieve me to have produced alone, and that I have no one to tell it to.” Indeed as George Orwell writes in 'Conversation with a Pacifist': “Philosophers, writers, artists, even scientists, not only need encouragement and an audience, they need constant stimulation from other people. It is almost impossible to think without talking. If Defoe had really lived on a desert island, he could not have written Robinson Crusoe, nor would he have wanted to. Take away freedom of speech, and the creative faculties dry up.” 

***** my own subversive message in a bottle cast upon the cyber seas, agenda of frustrated outreach...  

Edited by Gerry
Please stop posting your website overall on our Board. Thank you.
  • 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted
I have come to learn a lot about myself in times when I have been alone to do some really truthful self reflection on the choices I have made in my past. I have learned more about myself and what my purpose is here in my life. I have come to welcome peace into my life without apology for having to push others away in my past because those people whom I pushed away did not know or care about what I was going through in a personal way because they couldn't handle rejection. I have come to get over any guilt over saying no to choices that pleased other people more than myself.
  • Members
Posted
You can be alone in peace without being lonely and enjoy your own company and enjoy the solitude.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

In order not to be burdened by loneliness, you need to change the requirements for yourself and others.