The one (or two) thing/s people should know about me..

Posted
oh, i'm in the mountains (or next to it) just now ;) love it, it's calming.. but yeah, the sound of the sea is something different for me ;)
  • Members
Posted
I am patient and friendly, and always excited to learn new things from people.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

@Desphilips I like that - I am also happy to report that I think I have mostly healed from my main trauma (or maybe that's another protective mechanism where I end up lying to myself...). Back when I was still hurting I didn't know why I was hurting, in a way I didn't even know I was hurting and didn't see the connection between childhood trauma and my problematic behaviour.

Maybe that's something meaningful to say about myself.

• Members
Posted

I feel that the fact of you recognizing that you were hurting or you're hurt, helps with the healing process mentally without say, but like you said your maybe it's your protective side... So, if it is your protective side, I also feel it's okay, as long as it protect you and your hurt a bit less everyday..

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

@waihong Somehow poetry and healing/ liberation are connected.

I'll think about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

@Tine I was quite surprised when you mentioned about poetry. It did occurred to me recently that the things that I wish to say are sometime better presented in verse-like manner; relating about an ideology, even though I literally also meant what I said. And probably because poetry is closer to the heart and therefore it resonates well with healing & liberation - my perpetual wish for others.

I'm quite concern about how the world is driven along by crazy folks or people abusing their powers. Even the smarter ones are not addressing the crucial points, nor are the spiritual ones. The attitude is more like "it's beyond me, or not my concern". But does this gives us the excuse to turn a blind eye to the problems? Or perhaps we have too much problems on hand.

Given the above problems and including those of our own, where do we turn?

Perhaps I could shoulder your problems, while we dive our hearts into contemplating "How would you like your World to be?". Hence send me your grief, your pain and I'll return you a light that shine clarity into your heart; albeit telepathically.

We are very connected with everyone, through our minds, in this world. We can always steer the World from self-destruction, if anyone still not aware what's coming. And I believe there are more episodes on the way, where even survival would become a problem; not just about food.

My mom visited my sister, from Pure Land, a few months after her passed on last year. My sister is not a spiritual or religious person, and this utterly convinced me that Pure Land is not a myth. Comparing Pure Land to our current world, it's laughable. But it leads me into asking "What kind of World would I wish for?".

My solution to the problems - Contemplate would be the key; from a person with an ordinary and yet unordinary heart. And everyone, don't forget to send me your grief and pain! =)

• Members
Posted

Hello everyone, 

One thing about me is growing spirituality is my number one goal. I also love people but enjoy solitude.

Posted
13 hours ago, waihong said:

Given the above problems and including those of our own, where do we turn?

I am not sure where we should turn or have a concrete solution to offer but I know one thing for sure: We can't turn away.

We can't turn away from our own problems or the challenges in the world. They'll persist even if we look the other way.

We need to open our eyes, minds and hearts to the pain, to the people suffering (including ourselves). Only if we see clearly can we look for concrete ways to ease the pain to solve the problems.

We don't have to solve it all, we don't have to have all the answers and above all we don't have to do it alone, we can take a pause and then again pick a small manageable piece to work on. On step at a time, one deed at a time, one conversation at a time, one shared moment of silence of human connection at a time.

Looking at my own path I draw on the power of community in many ways. The conversations here touch me and open my eyes to different aspects and ideas, I am also part of a Sangha - a meditation group where I can recharge and feel what is hard to feel among other people, where I experience acceptance and belonging. And this strengthens me to continue and expand my social engagements.

@waihong This is only answering to a part of what you wrote as you touched on so many equally important points.

Can you tell me more about the pure land? I am not sure if I understand it correctly.

• Members
Posted

@Tine For this incident, I believe it's Amitabha Pure Land of Infinite Light and Eternal Life, as the monastics were doing the related Trantric chanting for my mom's wake back then. All I know beings there have endless amount of time and the perfect condition for practice. Even the heaven up in the sky cannot be compared to it. I literally felt the extreme exhilaration of my sister thru' her texted message. Probably the word "magical" is a better word to describe Pureland.

There are also Pureland of other Buddha, like the Medicine Buddha. I actually used the Medicine Buddha chant for my healing of others. And speaking of this chant, the tune we used for our chant was conveyed to a monk telepathically within a few minutes, after he gave rise to a thought on how could he guide the lay followers to focus during the making of the medicine incense, while performing strict rituals. He has no music background, he can only chant what he had been taught. We believe the tune was from Medicine Buddha himself or his Pureland, because it's simply too stunning!! The monk (Abbot of our temple) and the chant is in the short video below. Enjoy!

• 4 months later...
  • Members
Posted
On 2/9/2022 at 4:49 AM, Bjoern said:

Hey, that´s not so easy ;) I would say i´m a highly emphatic person and i´m patient and willing to help everyone around me always. I love being with my family and overall being outside enjoying some breethes in the nature. I love the mountains, but you´ll find me closer to the beach always ;)

I believe that connecting with nature makes you wiser. Empathy makes you truly human. Great!