Legacy

su****

Posted

I totally agree that you can carry on doing something the person did, and it's a great way to honour their memory and feel closer to them 💚  I do the same thing as you mention with your grandmother, I still use some of her recipes and it makes me feel as if she's with me in a way. I know she would like it 😊 

I also think it's important to remember those close to us who have passed away, and talk about them with others who knew them. When it comes to relatives, it also makes it interesting since you can learn how you inherited a trait from a grandparent for example. Talking about their personality or something they were good at, and you realise you do that too! 

Posted

Legacy - that's a big one.

As I don't have kids my hope is that what I learned, how I grew will somehow inspire people I met and live on through them. Not in a grandiose way but in subtle ways and without my name attached. Maybe how someone saw me respond in a calmer way to an otherwise triggering situation, a thoughtful advise I gave, or how I made someone feel. Maybe I stayed light-hearted and open in a tough situation which was surprising but helpful - some small things that showed that we have a choice in how we relate to the world.