Qualities of a best friend - what's most important?

Li****

• Members
Posted
I have no friends in my real life but my condition with best friends was awesome and 1 to 5 can be best friends. Close sharing is possible with best friends.
Posted

The qualities of a best friend? That seems like a simple question at first, and a number of buzzwords pop into my head immediately:Trust, letting go, serenity, authenticity, honesty, secrets, deep affection, reliability, familiarity, all-nighters, crying and comforting and lots of fun, madness and laughter, laughter, laughter.

But then when I think about the people who are so close to me that I call them best friends, the question of the qualities of a best friend no longer seems quite so easy to answer. Because then there would have to be something like an intersection of qualities that applies to these people. The only quality that all my friends really have is a sense of humour and the willingness to laugh at almost anything at any time. Otherwise, being close friends with someone is actually similar to falling in love, the other person complements us or mirrors us and makes something in us resonate. For me personally, I find that it is not the associated terms of friendship that make up my best friends, or actually all friends, but the personalities that they are. That, after much reflection, is for me the highest quality of a best buddy: that she is her and he is him and I am me when we are together.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

I agree that the best friend is someone you trust everything and rely on, and you spend a great time together. My best friend and I support each other, and even when I told him that I wanted to read more about gambling and try myself in that field, he supported me and told me that he'd help me control myself if anything went wrong.

• 6 months later...
  • Members
Posted
Only friends are real than dream girls.
  • Members
Posted
On 3/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, Lizzie said:

So I was talking to a friend the other day, and we discussed what we both value in terms of qualities of a best friend. There are many ways someone can be a good friend to you, and in my personal opinion, you can have different friends for different things. I have some friends that are great for going out for drinks, some are my ideal traveling buddies, and some are great for giving advice etc.

But the qualities of a best friend that my friend and I both appreciate are very similar. For example, we both agreed that something really important is how that friend makes you feel. You should feel positive after being around them (or on the phone with them!) whether that means you feel, happier, more relaxed or relieved about something that was bothering you, or uplifted. 

This is obviously just one of many important qualities of a best friend, what would you say is important qualities for you? 

I think an important quality would be to caring and loving. A best friend should always be there for you when you need them. :)

• 5 months later...