How do I heal from emotional fatigue after helping others feel better?

Bi****

• Members
Posted

I'm a Nicheren Buddhist. I help people heal and find peace, based on Buddhist principles. I sometimes get very drained. Emotionally exhausted. How can I lift myself from this state? 

• Members
Posted

Taking a walk or working out can help returning to be emotionally balanced, because the physical work is distracting. 

• Members
Posted

Thank you. I've started ijumping and it has helped a bit. 

• Members
Posted

I struggle with finding my happiness because I stress myself a lot. I have a mess ton of siblings and not much alone time so it’s very nice to have someone like a friend to connect with. I hope we become great friends.

• Members
Posted

Do you see your sisters as competitors, or why do you stress yourself?

If you are looking for alone time and space, you could go outside, enjoy the weather, visit a lake or what ever relaxes you. Maybe some friends from your school would like to join you, if you ask them.

• Members
Posted

Rather than healing from emotional fatigue, perhaps we should avoid getting ourselves in that situation.

I would prefer to set a path direction, rather than an objective, while enjoying what comes along in the journey. A slow walk in the forest to the mountain top would be definitely be better and less tiring than rushing there straight.

When we reached a destination, we'll realize we gained during the journey. It's never about the goal.

• Members
Posted

I am struggling with this too - I hate to admit it, because I don't really like it, but i think physical exercise really is the key here.  I have undiagnosed fibromyalgia (going to see the doctor next month).  I think my lack of exercise is greatly impacting my mental health overall and i have to get it together.  I wish you well in your endeavors. :)