Guided meditation online: Which day would work best for you?

Tine

Guided meditation online: Which day would work best for you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which day would work best for you? (Check all that apply)

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
  2. 2. What time would work best? (Please change your time to CET Central European time) (Check all that apply)

• 8:00 - 10:00
    • 10:00 - 12:00
    • 12:00 - 14:00
    • 14:00 - 16:00
    • 16:00 - 18:00
    • 18:00 20:00
    • 20:00 - 22:00

Posted

As we have many MBSR students all around the world, I was wondering which time and day would work best for most people to participate in the guided online mindfulness meditations and Q&A sessions.

Please check all the days and times that would work for you.

The time is CET - Central European time - as that's where I live. So please change your prefered time to CET, and I hope there are some time slots covered. Guiding a meditation online at 4 in the morning is theoretically possible, but I hope you understand that I'd rather not offer that. ?

• Members
Posted

Hi Tine! My name is Mai. I'm a newbie. If I did my calculations correctly 8PM for you would be 11AM for me (Pacific Standard Time as I live in CA, USA). Depending on how late you can host I am open afternoons. Wouldn't want you to be up too early or too late too ;)  Hope that makes sense. SUNDAYS are best. Thank you! 

• Members
Posted

I’m currently off work without children, so look forward to any day and time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Any response to if this will be a go!? Also curious if and how we do receive a certificate from this site...

Posted
On 11/8/2019 at 6:22 AM, Em_Mai said:

Hi Tine! My name is Mai. I'm a newbie. If I did my calculations correctly 8PM for you would be 11AM for me (Pacific Standard Time as I live in CA, USA). Depending on how late you can host I am open afternoons. Wouldn't want you to be up too early or too late too ;)  Hope that makes sense. SUNDAYS are best. Thank you! 

Hello Mai, did you put your answer in the poll?

Here's the timeconverter I use as I find the time difference terribly confusing: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.php?iso=20191126T150000&p1=37

Posted
2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Any response to if this will be a go!? Also curious if and how we do receive a certificate from this site...

There are not enough answers for far to make a good decision, so for now I'll keep the current time and date; Tuesdays at 16:00 Berlin (CET) time. It would be great to see you there.

Regarding a certificate: We are working on it - It should be available by the end of the year.

• Members
Posted

The whole timezone thing is quite confusing.

On the other hand it's also quite exciting to image that we'd come together from different parts of the world at the same time and yet for some it's evening for some it's morning.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I can do Tuesday at 1600 CET. But how do we get to hear the guided meditation. Its confusing. I'm not sure if i can depending on the date you do it. But it sounds like a great idea!

Posted
On 12/21/2019 at 2:26 PM, Borahbestie said:

I can do Tuesday at 1600 CET. But how do we get to hear the guided meditation. Its confusing. I'm not sure if i can depending on the date you do it. But it sounds like a great idea!

Hello, thanks for your interest :-)
Once a few participants have signed up, I'll send you all a link. We'll most likely use Zoom, for which you shouldn't have to install anything. There you can participate via video if you want to and you'll see me guiding the meditation live. Afterwards, we'll have time for some sharing and questions. Though we'll have our eyes closed somehow a meditation even online gets more intense when using the video, probably because you can't just walk off.  Therefore the feeling of "nothing to do, nowhere to go" gets stronger, and the meditation has a different quality compared to meditating alone.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
Posted

As I am home all the time for this month, the best time for me taking  into consideration of your time would be 10:00-12:00 CET. Thank you 

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

I need opinions from you guys, in the event, I came back from home later than expected. my meditation schedule on 9pm - 10pm.. but I came back home about 12.30am, My body was tired easily to fall asleeep... what should I consider to do? Stick to plan to complete the meditation then sleep = or shoudl rest first, let start again tomorrow or the next day with better focus... otherwise i will fall asleep during meditation...

• 3 months later...
Posted

@cordyfu If you are tired, you are tired. ? What I do in those cases is a short meditation to check in with myself, to come home - a few moments can be enough -  and then I go to bed and I practice the next morning. I sometimes need to push through the resistance of starting my daily practice as so many other things are telling me that they are way more important, but pushing through being exhausted doesn't really help. It's up to you to feel what is right and necessary for yourself in those moments.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

weekdays are best for me and I prefer to have sessions in the morning and eveninng