Vegetarian recipes

Li****

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

There are a couple in this article here: http://taoofjoy.blogspot.com/2018/05/beating-twinkie-effect.html

I will try to find you some more when I have time. :-)

• Members
Posted

And this one I've been liking lately: sauted onion, garlic, cabbage and tofu nuggets served with worsteshire sauce.  Too easy! 

• 2 months later...
Posted
@tine I also love potato salad. My favourite one is the Saxonian potato salad version :D I use salad potatoes, tofu mayonnaise, pickled cucumber, apple, onion, salt and pepper. Boil the potatoes al dente and chop apples, pickled cucumber and onions. Then soak onion in salt until potatoes are ready. Chop potatoes, wash the onions with water and mix potatoes, apples, cucumber, onions, tofu mayonnaise together and add some salt and pepper to it. Additionally I add chives to add.
Posted
I have too many to share! But I love love love mashed potatoes with sauerkraut and pan-fried maitake mushrooms ?
Posted
On 5/10/2019 at 1:14 PM, Tine said:

This is how it looks like when I need to improvise and I am using overcooked potatoes and I add a cucumber. Still tasted great ?

IMG_20190510_131305_287.jpg

Potatoes are my absolute favourite food in the whole wide world ? That dish looks like something I would inhale within minutes haha

• Members
Posted
My new thing is quinoa cooked with a bit of lemon, whilst that's slowly cooking I steam some sweet potatoes, kale, carrot, broccoli, courgettes and pepper. Once the sweet potatoes are soft I but the quinoa and veg into a pan which has lemon juice in it and add turmeric, paprika, a little bit of cayenne pepper and pepper. Mix it all up and chuck it in a big bowl. ;-)
Posted

Sounds great! @Jon_love I'm not a fan of cooking quinoa mostly because I don't know how :( It usually turns into a soggy mess which I can't stand. Any tips?

Posted

Another classic: Bread Dumplings (Semmelknödel) - I usually add oregano and make way too many as they taste even better the next day when sliced and fried. They go exceptionally well with creamy mushrooms.

I make them - or bread pudding - whenever enough old bread has accumulated.

Here's what I do:

• Old bread cut in cubes (If you do not have enough old bread baguette does the trick) about a big salad bowl full
  • depending on what flavour you want to add use oregano or fry small pieces of onion with parsley
  • heat (do not boil) some milk, melt a spoon full of butter in the milk, add the flavour to the milk
  • pour the warm milk mixture over the bread and knead with your hands - add 2 to 3 eggs and more warm milk if needed until you have a dryish dough, which allows you to form balls that are a bit smaller than a tennis ball.
  • Let it sit for about 10 min
  • Form the dumplings and heat up salted water
  • put the dumplings in for about 10-15 minutes. They should get a bit bigger but not fall apart. They are floating and "bouncy" when ready.
  • Eat some but save the most to slice and fry the next day until goldenbrown *yummy
  • Here's a picture (Disclaimer: the ones in the picture contain bacon but that is totally optional)