Reducing plastic

Li****

Posted

I totally agree. The amount of plastic that we accumulate is crazy! Even more with 2 kids..

We recycle everything and really try to keep an eye on not buying too many things with 2 or 3 layers of plastic on it, but still it is way too much plastic garbage. 

We collect all the lids that we use and recycle it in the school of my kids, to help with supportive projects in india. Apart of this we just take care to throw the plastic where it belongs, not a lot of people do this which is really stupid and sad.

There has opened one supermarket in Barcelona which is trying to sell without plastic packaging. i haven’t been there yet, as it is not so close to my place, but this would be something to support!

https://www.facebook.com/yesfuturepositivesupermarket/

Posted

and i try to get rid of articles that usually are made of plastic, like teethbrush for example. latestly i didn´t and just now that makes me feel bad and go for it again

• 2 months later...
Posted

I always try to carry a tote bag around with me in case I pop to the supermarket while out, as I hate having to get plastic bags. If I do, then I end up using that to put all my plastic waste in! Luckily it seems more and more stores are introducing paper bags - I hope this becomes mandatory in the future. Good idea about the toothbrushes from @Bjoern I am guilty of buying new ones every few months, so need to find a way to stop that.. any tips on a good brand?

So much fruit and vegetable is packaged, so I try to avoid buying that and only get the non-packaged stuff. I think the onus really is on supermarkets to cut their plastic use first. In the UK there's a whole 'zero-waste' revolution starting in some shops which is so inspiring: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/britains-best-zero-waste-shops-find/

Posted

@Calvin77 My favorite bamboo toothbrush brand is Hydrophil, but in the UK they have one called the Truthbrush which you can buy from online plastic-free shops (I can recommend you a few if you like ;))

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bethnicles said:

@Calvin77 My favorite bamboo toothbrush brand is Hydrophil,

OOH, they both look so nice and elegant. I will have to purchase. Thank you for the tips :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members
Posted

https://fb.watch/5_Vdf5KIRJ/

Ideal solution for plastic waste

One and all people over the world can try following

• Members
Posted

We can reduce the the use of plastics by carry their own clothes bags for daily marketing use.

• Members
Posted

Reuse plastic instead of making new.

Posted

We are cutting down on food that is packed in plastic. Is there an unpacked alternative? Or at least one with less packaging? Packaging that is easier recyclable?
I gave up on my favourite cookies as there's more plastic packaging than actual cookies.
These decisions will also encourage corporations to produce more of what we buy.
We are also quite determined to repair everything, and if it can't be repaired, we buy it second hand.
Here in Europe, I want to acknowledge that it is both a financial and time privilege even to make these choices and cook with fresh, local, organic ingredients from scratch. My privileged lifestyle choice is imitating how people with very little income have to make ends meet.

• Members
Posted

Cloth bag is okay as a medicine but cure of this problem is every one has to take a pledge, will use minimum resources. If everyone consumes according to his requirement not wish and will then only we can conserve this planet

• Members
Posted

For chai and everything we can avoid those use and throw cups and for that we can use biscuit Cup for chai and coffee

Posted

Yes i have a remedy n people will itself stop using plastic. Pls make my voice herd. Watsapp +919780009993 www.kounsellor.com

• Members
Posted

Shift to old methodology- use clay classes and now these days bamboo bottle. Like Decathlon and Bigbazar start offering customer clothes bag with charges.

• Members
Posted

Usando recepientes feitos de materiais diferentes do plástico para os mercados.

• Members
Posted

A single hand of help to some one is greater than joining both before god...ashe resides in all....namaste bros and sis..

• 1 month later...