IBS

Ma****

• Members
Posted

I have severe IBS, which I have battled with for about 9 years. It has caused me to have social anxiety and I no longer have a social life because I am too scared of not making it to a toilet on time and when I do, most of the time I’m too embarrassed to go, if there are other people in there. 
I’ve tried all the different medications and had hypnotherapy... and nothing seems to help with it.

People will often laugh about it and not understand how truly awful it is to live with.

Often people, when they have a tummy bug, will call in sick and feel sorry for themselves but when you live with these symptoms every day, you don’t have the option to do this ?.

I’m filled with dread every time someone invites me out or round to their house and I will make an excuse not to go, no matter how much I would like to.

How do other people cope with this?

xXx

Posted
Hi Marushka. Sorry to hear this: it sounds debilatating! I had a problem with IBS before. Have you cut out coffee? Peppermint oils capsules used to help me a lot.
  • Members
Posted
I read that ginger is good for IBS. I don't know about cures though.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
This is something I can help you with but would need much more information like eating habits, weight, level of mobility etc. If you would like to chat let me know
  • Members
Posted

It was brought on by stress about 10 years ago. My eating is not very regular. I pick very little throughout the day but that’s it. If I’m out somewhere for the day I will have a meal. I avoid dairy and bread. I work full time, as a chef. So I’m on my feet all day. I weigh about 9st xXx