What does Christmas mean to you?

Li****

Posted
2 hours ago, Tine said:

Another thing I enjoy is that while people have less time during that season as everyone is preparing, baking, cooking or on the way to visit someone we suddenly have the time to smile at each other, to stop for a small chat, for good wishes.

This is so true! For some reason, it seems like we get more communicative during this time of the year. Giving little Christmas greetings, smiles, or a quick chat with someone. Almost like we let our guard down and seek to connect a little bit more than usual. Maybe it's the Christmas spirit! ????

• Members
Posted
Its the time of the year when people pretend to be christian and use it as a time to show off their status by spending exhorbant amounts of money. ...juat saying :-)
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

Even it is after Christmas now, i take the time to answer the question :)

To me personally I have no relation to Christmas except for the childhood memory when my mother and father did celebrate it for us kids. But after i grew up and both my parents passed away, i chose not to celebrate the Christmas since my belief is not of Christian faith. 

Now the last 4 years i have again had the chance to celebrate Christmas because of my New Family, My fiance and her Family have Christmas as a huge part of their tradition. So I felt i should take part and be there for them in Christmas time.

But Christmas to me personally is still only a time of being With Family and enjoy happiness together.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Posted
According to me Cristmas is the festival for sharing haapiness . even though we have to try to Happy everyday but every festival is the reason for bring happiness on everyone's face.
  • Members
Posted
I've never enjoyed any of the holidays so it's just as any other day
  • Members
Posted
I see Christmas as a time to reflect on our lives , the changes ,challenges, loss and gains. it is a time to adjust and reflect.
  • Members
Posted

Christmas can be spent with loved ones, family members.One can as well celebrate Christmas giving back to the community either as an individual or as a group by taking part in charity and cooperate social responsibility.One can also spend Christmas by doing what they enjoy doing most and what gives them satisfaction.

Posted

Christmas used to be a really stressful time as there are luckily many relatives to be visited. In the last two years we quite enjoyed a quieter christmas at home. We did the travelling and visting throughout the year when it was safe to do so. With some planning ahead there was also time build up the excitement to the small gatherings which happend in other months than december.

I also quite enjoy writing letters and creating packages to send to our loved ones ahead of time.

• Members
Posted
For me it means a period of reflection and meditation on the purpose of God send Christ Jesus to die for every man kind and also it is a period of receiving and given out of gifts cause Jesus Himself was a gift to all mankind