Hello from the Woods of Alberta!

• Members
Posted
Hi Cogan, I'm from BC. Started my plant passion just this year. Wonder if you have any online plant group to recommend?
  • Members
Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, EYC said:

Hi Cogan, I'm from BC. Started my plant passion just this year. Wonder if you have any online plant group to recommend?

Hi, EYC-- there is a lot of plant world stuff-- what kinds of plants/gardening are you interested in? Of course FB has sucked a lot of the air out of all other rooms ;) but there is a lot of excellent plant content there... there are a few fora outside that still seem reasonably active.. I'll give a couple suggestions when I see what direction you are leaning..here's a random shot from one of my 'marginal' garden areas, July this year..--hmm--scratch that, can't get photo to attach...

Edited by cohan
photo not working..
  • Members
Posted

On 12/14/2019 at 11:44 AM, cohan said:

Hi, EYC-- there is a lot of plant world stuff-- what kinds of plants/gardening are you interested in? Of course FB has sucked a lot of the air out of all other rooms ;) but there is a lot of excellent plant content there... there are a few fora outside that still seem reasonably active.. I'll give a couple suggestions when I see what direction you are leaning..here's a random shot from one of my 'marginal' garden areas, July this year..--hmm--scratch that, can't get photo to attach...

Right now, since it's winter, I mostly look into tropical house plants. 

• Members
Posted

Of to work now, I'll have to come back to this...lol

• Members
Posted
On 12/15/2019 at 3:03 PM, EYC said:

Right now, since it's winter, I mostly look into tropical house plants. 

These days, it seems like the biggest house plant action is on FB and Instagram-- IG is good for pictures and inspiration (though frankly, a lot of the posters don't seem to know the difference between growing plants and displaying them -- they often show them in arrangements where the plants could never get enough light to thrive, esp succulents and cacti).. FB has a lot of specific groups for different types of plants, and these are much more talky than IG.