Share your GRATITUDE in our collective gratitude journal

• Members
Posted

We all have ups and downs, and sometimes it can be really difficult to see the rainbow on the other side. Maybe life keeps throwing your lemons, maybe you're not feeling very well, or maybe it's just the every day stresses of life! 

For me personally, I find it very helpful to think of 10 Things I'm grateful for. 

What are some things you're grateful for? 

Posted

Hey Stacia, 

Totally agree. Whenever I'm having a rubbish day or on a downer about my life, I try to stop and think how lucky I actually am and that so many millions of people are probably having things way tougher than I am! This normally gives me a bit of a reality check and then I get on my with my day, safe in the knowledge that, actually, I'm doing OK ??

I'm grateful for many things, but mainly stuff like:

• nice friends
  • having family
  • a great work/play balance
  • being able to go swimming in the sea!
  • freedom in my sexual life and to be LGBT with no risk of persecution
  • having the chance to be creative

all the simple (and free) things, really! :) What's on your list? 

• Members
Posted
18 hours ago, Calvin77 said:

Hey Stacia, 

Totally agree. Whenever I'm having a rubbish day or on a downer about my life, I try to stop and think how lucky I actually am and that so many millions of people are probably having things way tougher than I am! This normally gives me a bit of a reality check and then I get on my with my day, safe in the knowledge that, actually, I'm doing OK ??

I'm grateful for many things, but mainly stuff like:

• nice friends
  • having family
  • a great work/play balance
  • being able to go swimming in the sea!
  • freedom in my sexual life and to be LGBT with no risk of persecution
  • having the chance to be creative

all the simple (and free) things, really! :) What's on your list? 

Awesome sauce Calvin!

Thanks for sharing! It's so amazing how gratitude can really turn around a bad day!

Things I'm Grateful For:

• My daughters
  • My dogs
  • The rain
  • The sunshine
  • Food in my fridge
  • The beach
  • Having a job
  • A warm bed to sleep in at night
  • Coffee
  • Drinking water

Keep smiling!

• Members
Posted

I'm grateful for a really good Indian curry!

Posted
1 hour ago, Gurdeep said:

I'm grateful for a really good Indian curry!

?? Love this, Gurdeep! Spicy or not too spicy? I like a veggie Korma myself! That's another thing I am grateful for: just food itself! So many people in Western civilizations just take it for granted.

Posted
I totally agree with all of you: connection, belonging, safety, freedom, comfort, ... and I'd like to add those tiny things. Yes, when the spicyness of the curry is just right, when the air has a smell of rain or pine trees, when the lady at the coffeeshop tells you that you got a package waiting for you at the bakery, when your partner doesn't put raw onions in the salat, when you are neither warm nor cold... Rick Hanson teaches us in "hardwiring happiness" how to consciously savour especially those tiny moments to strengthen our brain's capacity for happiness.
Posted
And I am super grateful for the 3 young man who helped fight the metro door open as it closed between me and my suitcase. Real knights need no armour to shine! :-D
  • 1 year later...
  • Members
Posted

I am grateful for my home, my job,  transportation,  to believe in god,  to know I'm not perfect and that I need him,  I'm grateful for my flaws,  to have food in my fridge,  to be able to consider others better than myself,  and for the ability to change and improve my thoughts and well-being. 

• 1 month later...
Posted

What are you grateful for today? What are you thankful for this year? Let's reflect together on the positive!

In our magazine, we have several articles about gratitude - how and why it has such a positive impact on our lives. For example:

The top 5 benefits of gratitude practice - one of which are "Happier and more positive emotions."

In the article about gratitude practices we learn that people who experience the most gratitude tend to:

• Feel a sense of abundance in their lives.
  • Appreciate the contributions of others to their well-being.
  • Recognise and enjoy life's small pleasures.
  • Acknowledge the importance of experiencing and expressing gratitude.

Another article introduces several kinds of gratitude journals.

That's quite convincing, isn't it? So let's start by sharing what we are grateful for.

Posted

Love this idea! 

I'm grateful for my family, that we're healthy and get to spend Christmas together ?

Posted

My mum is grateful for the supportive ppl at the supermarket today. It's a busy time but the employees were super helpful and friendly and my mum told them ?

• Members
Posted

I am grateful for:

~For my health

~For my friendships 

~For the terrific support I received in my training 

~ For my family 

~For my pets

~ For being able to work through the challenges that have come my way.

~Grateful I have work 

~Grateful for life

Posted

I am grateful for this little bugger 

20191220_092438.jpg

Posted

??? What an adorable puparoo!

If you want to turn this in to 'We're Grateful For Cute Pet Pics' just say the word and I'll start spamming ?

Posted
14 minutes ago, Lizzie said:

??? What an adorable puparoo!

If you want to turn this in to 'We're Grateful For Cute Pet Pics' just say the word and I'll start spamming ?

That's all I have to say. ?

20191211_180633.jpg

This is Kiko aka Lady Stinkypants Wigglebutt aka Schnuffl

(and no, none of these words is my password anywhere) ?

• Members
Posted

Hello!

He is gorgeous!

Do you take him for walks?

How old is he?

I bet he brings alot of joy into your life something one can be grateful for.

?

Posted

@Anjae She's around 12. We are not sure because when my friends got her she was already fully grown.

Yes, daily walks for the doggie and me and she loves playing fetch (not as much as treats and bellyrubs though)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Late to the game but may as well chime in with this one:

74505FA1-ACDC-4BBD-AF3E-16BB38767792.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I am grateful for life, friends, family ,wake up every day ,practice buddhist, coffe every morniing, husband,work, help people, be aware about who I am.

• Members
Posted

I am grateful for my children. They are the greatest little people I could ask for to keep me motivated and happy. None the less to give me great ideas and inspiration to keep my heart open to the "magic" that surrounds us. 

Posted

Today I am grateful for the many people that helped me and my doggie when we got stranded in France after the 3rd train of our journey got cancelled.

We got so many smiles from people who didn't know our story. Two ladies got out of their way to get the booking system to give me a free ticket to my destination even though it was the next day. All of that despite the system wanting us to pay a considerable amount of money as the original ticket was a super saver one.

In more and more occasions I see that it's the system which is designed to squeeze the money out of people. Most people want to help, and in the last months, I repeatedly saw frustration and resignation in employees face as they had to do what the system told them even though it wasn't what they thought was right.