Spending the holidays alone?

Candy

• Members
Posted
Hi Candy, that's some really good advice for Christmas. I will be alone, but definitely not lonely, and I will probably be a bit sad too being the first Christmas without my wife after she left the marriage. I already have been thinking of what I will do and intend on being active and not feeling sorry for myself. I have met so many people who have been through a breakup, and it's refreshing to know most of them are happy now and have moved on. So I have hope, and some good friends too
  • Members
Posted
9 hours ago, EYC said:

Hi Candy, Thank you for creating this topic. It's not easy for me to admit. But Xmas holiday is likely the most lonely time for me of the year. Especially this year. My husband always travels in December to visit his parents in Asia. And we are going through a rough patch. There's a possibility that we will separate after he gets back this time. My family is also in Asia. So I will be spending a lot of holiday time alone. (Have to work myself plus travel is too expensive) I try very hard to bring up my spirit by reading good books, enjoy music, watch good movie, hang out with friends, and exercise. All helped a lot. Though from time to time, I'd still be struck by this deep sense of sorrow not having my closed ones around me and not knowing how my marriage will be going. Anyway, thank you for writing this topic. It helps a lot to know I'm not the only one that's not totally "cheerful" during this Xmas season. At least I'm trying! Guess that's what really matters.

Hi EYC, what a difficult situation you are in. Well done for reaching out, there are many people around the world that will be in a similar situation, look at things with objective eyes, and treasure the small moments of happiness however the appear. Sometimes time apart con solidify feelings for each other, or confirm them. If it Is the end, then don't stress too much. Yes it will hurt, even the very best breakups hurt, but it will get easier. Work on yourself over the Christmas season, find out what you want. Joining this community is a great start.