Which plants and herbs do you use as a cure?

Yo****

• Members
Posted
oooo me please i suffer with fibro and was given duloxetine and painkillers an iv just taken my self of the duloxetine and am looking for a more holistic way to heal
  • Members
Posted (edited)

If interested, I provide Healing Herbs and Herbal Remedies on my website http://www.healingandherbs.com or on Etsy in my shop Healing and Herbs 

Edited by Angelique_M
  • 2 months later...
Posted

For my mum, camomille was a stable in curing the family from a common cold and inflammation to diarrhoea.

This peer-reviewed paper agrees with her.

"Chamomile preparations are commonly used for many human ailments such as hay fever, inflammation, muscle spasms, menstrual disorders, insomnia, ulcers, wounds, gastrointestinal disorders, rheumatic pain, and haemorrhoids."

We do already grow several herbs in the garden. I am planning to expand at least one part into a medicinal garden with a classic herb spiral.

And while modern medicine saved my life a few times and I appreciate that I think it's essential to also look at alternative remedies and more traditional cures to broaden the possibilities we can choose from to match the treatment to our condition. Not everyone reacts the same to everything, so the more options we have to create a personalized, soft, yet efficient treatment the better. 

That's why I would like to hear about your use of herbs and plants.

What do you use? To cure what? What are the effects? What the dosage and preparation? Maybe you have tips for a book on herbal medicine.

(Links to studies are much appreciated, as there has been lots of research and the list of plants with scientifically proven effects is already impressively long)

• Members
Posted
We grow yarrow for fevers. The leaves can also be chopped and infused in oil to create wound salves. It’s just a great perennial plant and great for the bees! We have a patch of wild mint (choose a spot that you don’t mind it spreading or plant it in a pot, it will take over everything!) for stomach upset. We have mullein and elecampane. We also grow calendula all over the yard. Great for pollinators again and edible. Plus, I infuse oil every year to make soothing salve for winter. Great on dry skin and lips! :)
  • Members
Posted
Sorry! I meant to say mullein and elecampane for respiratory infections and colds. Although, elecampane is not safe for children!
Posted

Here we have mint, camomille, thyme, oregano, rosemary and lavender in our garden. I also grow ginger, aloe, curcuma, coriander and lemons in pots. I use them for cooking but rarely as medical plants. Therefore I'd like to collect the benefits for easy reference, and I wanted to share it here.

Thyme as a tea, in the bath or as essential oil helps with coughing and a cold.

Lavender can be used in a tea, a bath, the blossoms in a cloth bag or as an essential oil to soothe, relax and promote good sleep. The oil can also help to heal wounds and burns.

Aloe Vera, I use to soothe skin inflammation, but I read it can also be taken in cases of constipation

lemon and ginger tea with some honey is simply tasty - not only when I have a cold. :-D

• Members
Posted
I went through stage 4 breast cancer at 38, for 5yrs. I'm now 46 and I have quit all "medication"( pain, arthritis, depression, anxiety). I now take CBD tincture , L- theanine ( natural amino acid), and marijuana ONLY. I am the happiest, healthiest I've ever been. No pain, no fatigue, no depression or anxiety! Mental clarity, happiness, and strength. I sleep well too. My life has completely changed in the best way possible. My husband has switched over with me and I feel we have brand new lives❤
  • 1 year later...