Are there others here who do not feel they have one nationality?

• Members
Posted

For some time i have had the experience of not feeling as i belong to one nationality, I am born and raised in Norway, I still live in Norway but i do not feel as Norwegian. I feel as a person living on Earth without being bound to Norway at all. Meaning that no matter where in the world i travel i always feel at home.

Are there other`s in this forum who have the same feeling about their life?

• Members
Posted

Hi Amanaki 

I was born In the UK moved to Ireland when I was around 6yrs of age, now I am back living in the UK. I consider Ireland as home but feel I don't really feel at home anywhere. I don't feel any particular connection with the UK. I feel more like a child of the universe everywhere and no where at the same time if that makes sense. 

?

• Members
Posted

It is good to hear that other`s do think and feel similar to my own experience. (not in a selfish way ) But to me the Earth is my home as long i stay in human body. I see human beings as that, all are same, no matter where we come from or what culture/religion or spiritual path we choose to take :)

• Members
Posted

It's really strange, I was just pondering on this subject this morning whilst I was walking through the woods. I am Welsh, but I've been living in Scotland for 18 years. I feel a really strong affinity with both countries, but not necessarily as a 'home' - like you, I see myself as belonging to the world more than a particular place or country - much of which, after all, is nothing more than an accident of birth. Both Scotland and Wales I am really comfortable in, though - it's probably more to do with a familiarity with the landscape and the people though.

• Members
Posted
Yes. I never felt drawn to a particular nationality. Though I am born in lived in India, I feel I do not belong to India alone. Reason why I am drawn to connect and share people across the world. Some of my learners and friends are from across the world.
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
Posted

I believe that when we fully embrace our unlimited potential, it's pretty much impossible to limit our existence to one corner of the planet. I am very grateful for the tiny island of Bermuda where I was born and raised. The closeness of the ocean and the culture of the people was so helpful in shaping who I am. I went to university in the USA and have travelled to Canada and the Caribbean. Currently, I'm living in the UK, but not for too much longer. I know that the earth is my home and I want to experience it as much as possible. My connection to the ocean is strong. Saltwater runs through my veins for sure!