I’m having trouble with loneliness

Ha****

• Members
Posted

I guess I’ll break the ice and fess up., I’m lonely. It’s not as if I’m any stranger to living solo but reaching 65 and having the rug pulled out, I find myself with a new life. Mindfulness plays a big part in my life right now, as well as psychotherapy and family. I’ve just been through a very disturbing life event and this is going to take awhile. I’m excited to have found happiness.com and hope I make some friends here. I’ve got a solid support network of high school classmate friends because I’m the guy who organizes our class reunions every decade. The problem is they are scattered throughout the country. Facebook group friends they are. I’m  in need of local friends!  I just joined and will be working on my profile. Yoga on The Bluff in Long Beach anyone?  Coffee? 

• Members
Posted

I can only offer you a virtual coffee, Hawk, and kindest wishes from the border lands of the north of England.  That may not be much help to you, but you may like to know your post has encouraged me to wish you all the best.  

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

I know what it is like to be lonely.  I used to live in the city where everyone was very close knit.  I have moved to the country and all that has disappeared.  It is extremely difficult trying to adjust.  I play piano to alleviate the feelings that build up but yet that is not the same as having people to talk to.  I will be around here if you are in to talking.  Okay have a good day for yourself there.