Qi Gong - has anyone tried?

Candy

Posted

My understanding of Qi Gong (chee gong) is that it's a Chinese medicinal therapy based on breathing control, and it helps eliminate tension, stress, and brings health and vitality.

I suppose they could be categorised into the same healing therapies like tai chi or reiki? They all come from Eastern traditions and support the importance of properly channelling the qi - or vital energy - through the body's meridians. According to these principles, the good state of one's health will depend on our ability to achieve the correct balance between body and mind; thus achieving wellbeing, mainly through meditation and breathing control.

Has anyone tried? What are the benefits and how often would one have to practice? Please comment and share your experiences :)

Posted
I haven't tried but would love to hear more! ??
  • Members
Posted

Qi Gong are today seen as a healing or Fitness practice With some spiritual aspects. But what they do not know is that Qi gong from old times was what is called Cultivation practice. Yes the energy will rise within the body, but only if there is a true master you learining from. In todays society there are a lot that is called Qi gong but trully is something false and actually harm you more then it it does good. Qi energy is for self cultivation of mind and body. As a Falun Gong practitioner we also cultivate energy, but instead of Chi energy we cultivate Gong energy, and it is a high energy cultivation path. I stay away from Qi gong since it is so much negative if one does not have a true teacher. But if you only are after Chi energy for healing purposes i would say  tai chi would be ok for you to try, but do Your Research before you start, because it may be that the teacher does not him/her self hold the energy needed to benefit you   

Posted

Interesting! Thank you for sharing. My acupuncturist I think told me to either do tai chi or qi gong, but I was really curious to know if anyone actually does it on a regular basis ☺️

• Members
Posted

I have tried Tai chi many years ago and yes it does make the Health better  

• 3 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Hi,

please check out www.energyworkstaichi.org

i am running online one to classes on FaceTime and Skype.

also offering advise regards Tibetan medicine.

in the light

cosmo

Posted

Thank you for sharing this ? If you want to you can also create a classified (Go to Explore > Classifieds) where you can advertise your online classes ?