The effects of scammers on me - a personal note

Tine

• Members
Posted

I know they are everywhere I was bothered by them in the beginning heck messenger and fb social if you don't know friends or family the rest is scams or marketing scammers are not very smart they suck at lies I set and let them go just see how far they are going I'm even sometimes saying I know what you are they don't listen I guess once in awhile I feel like I may be helping an old guy out of they are thinking I am suckered I'm wasting their time innocent name they were about to try I took his place 95% are scammers if school is- no where ,work -no jobs , live Houston hometown Houston and friends list 200 men all Nigerian or foreign not texan they write the same as they talk not English don't get sentence spelled correctly if the do then words are out of place . I do hate them little boogers but they are out there I expose em play em out just before they ask for money I say no then the online dating trust thing is coming I just tell them pretty much what they are going to say they know then and poof ghost me lol . I do know 1st sentence it's not often I keep pretty busy ionce in awhile one will just rub me the wrong way I just go have fun 

Posted
3 hours ago, suedseefrucht said:

there are enough people reacting on this ads to make it profitable

This puzzles me, but the amount of spammers and scammers seems to prove your point. I have heard of pretty professional call centers for scammers for whom it's pretty much just a job like any other job and they are pay a percentage of what they scam out of people.

There's a pretty evident lack of jobs which both pay your bills and do so without damaging others in one way or another.

Posted
3 hours ago, suedseefrucht said:

annoy these people with restrictions

Yes, we have restrictions and measures in place which we are refining. We started off pretty open because we didn't want to start with negative assumptions about people but respond to problems when they arise, if they arise.

The spammer and scammer problem is now clearly there and we are working on more ways to detect and block early. That's one way to tackle the problem and we are super grateful for each user who supports us by reporting pics and users quickly. 🥰 This is keeping us all safe.

Another way for users to be safe is to see if the person they are talking to has passed the profile verification checks.

• Members
Posted
I am glad you raised this issue. I was wondering what is going on these days. What a waste of time and energy.
  • Members
Posted
vor 9 Minuten, schrieb Berta:

I am glad you raised this issue. I was wondering what is going on these days. What a waste of time and energy.

Sadly any kind of communitys have to fight with exactly these problems 😕 Even dating or special topics. I'm on an forum for spiritual doings and they have the same scammers every day. :(

Posted
You see one thing is this scammers feel we are racist that’s why .if they use there black faces an color we won’t even give them an attention that’s why they go ahead still peoples pictures an all of that
  • Members
Posted

Skin color shouldn't matter at all. 

If you are saying: "We", I'm not part of this "We", because I judge peoples behavior, not their appearance. 

And if you would be right and "black scammers" use fake pictures, the only people suffering from no attention would be the nice people, right? 

So it's wrong to ignore by skin color. 

Posted
I discovered It..thats my own understanding
Posted

As part of the community team, for this particular case I can say the easiest to spot scammers are black men creating profiles as white overly sexy woman.

People could also use their own pictures contacting others with the intention of scamming them.

We can't look into people's hearts.

There's enormous damage done, because essentially I need to mistrust everyone to keep me safe and that's from what I see in the world the root-cause of all evil.

What I am wondering is why there is the need to scam so blatantly if this whole project is about helping each other.

I am suggesting a different business model. Be yourself, be honest, be vulnerable. Make real friends and ask for help if you need it.

You might only be able to scam a person once and then you are damaged goods in terms of trust.

Be a good friend yourself and your friends will help you again and again.