Ta****

• Members
Posted
I want to know how people have opinion about mental stress
  • Members
Posted
Mostly through interaction with others can help to reduce stress
Posted

@TajAgha123 With mental stress, do you mean stress caused by your mind?

As stress is the body's response to a stressor such as an environmental condition or thoughts. Stress is the body's method of reacting to a condition such as a threat, challenge or physical and psychological barrier.

A quick first help is conscious, long and deep breathing for a couple of minutes. If you have chronic stress it can cause severe bodily problems. In that case I recommend a more thorough intervention - for example MBSR (meditation-based stress reduction).

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly. So let me know if you meant something different.

There are different opinions about mental stress. Some people say: "Be a man, be strong, don't show weakness", some other people say: "A real man shows feelings.".

In my opinion, everyone has problems or stressing periods in life. Some are smaller, some are bigger, but we all have some.

We can't avoid them completely, so it's even more important, how we handle them.

Repressing these feelings may help in the moment, but all the problems will accumulate over time until you get a mental breakdown.

So my way is to have one best friend to share these things with, to get a second opinion, to solve these problems from the root and to move on.

If you feel like you would like to talk about it and you dont know, who to talk to, you can text me if you want.

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted

I experienced by myself that mental stress can be very dangerous. 
And if the mental stress is too heavy it affects my whole energylevel and at a mental breakdown I won't get up from bed.

People like me (maybe I explained more what "people like me" are in a seperate topic) can't reduce the mental stress with meditation or similar directly. we need an outlet to relieve stress. In my case it's blogging.

And our societies should be more serious with mental stress and health.

• Members
Posted
By the help of psychologist. 🤭

Winner always choose professional services. 🙏
  • Members
Posted
Just now, ChandanSingh said:

By the help of psychologist. 🤭

Winner always choose professional services. 🙏

In germany we have not enough of them. Waiting times up to 1 year for therapists, and up to 3-4 years for diagnostics. If you can't pay and you've an injurance.

If you want pay by yourself, your have to be semi rich.

• Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, Tine said:

I think blogging is already a pretty good way to sort ones thoughts which might otherwise go wild. Once you see the thoughts written and in front of you they get more tangible and manageable - sometimes at least. Also a blog post has an end - while the mind can get lost in endless rumination.

I'd a mental meltdown last week and I blogged. It helped really much. Especially after that some people contacted me and I could help them to find tools to find therapists (sadly not diagnostics)