Practicing and researching meditation

Posted
Thank you! I hope my reply helps. I am looking forward to the results.
Posted
As an expert could you please say a few words about "nondual awareness"?
  • Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tine said:

Thank you! I hope my reply helps. I am looking forward to the results.

Thank you so much, Tine! I really appreciate your help! 🙏

• Members
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Tine said:

As an expert could you please say a few words about "nondual awareness"?

Sure! To put it simply, nondual awareness is our core awareness or pure consciousness, which in many traditions is described as our true nature. 

Here is an excerpt from my paper: "NDA is known under different names: Pure consciousness or Consciousness as such (Josipovic, 2019, 2021), Minimal phenomenal experience (Gamma & Metzinger, 2021; Josipovic & Miskovic, 2020; Metzingera & Metzinger, 2020; Srinivasan, 2020), Natural meditative state (Reddy & Roy, 2019), Content-free/Content-less awareness (Winter et al., 2020), Transcendental consciousness (Travis, 2014), Turiya ('the fourth' state of consciousness in Vedanta) (Srinivasan, 2020; Travis, 2014), Rigpa/ Clear light/ Luminous mind in Dzogchen (Karmay, 2007), or Fundamental Awareness (Winter et al., 2020). NDA presumes the transcendence of the subject/object dichotomy of the mind. Even though pure consciousness presumes no content, it can be described as an awareness of wakefulness or awareness of awareness/consciousness itself (Travis, 2014). It is a state of knowing or perceiving the state of knowing/perceiving (Winter et al., 2020). NDA has also been described as a state of awareness of 'being' when all affective and cognitive processes are transcended (Travis, 2014)."  

Sorry for all the citations 😅

Edited by Tadakiya
Posted
@tadakiya thank you for the explaination and special thanks for the citations! I really value a scientific approach to big question like consciousness.
Posted
Do I understand correctly, the duality would be me/"the others" and non duality is if it's all pereiced as one and there's a perceiving of the perceiving of all that includes equally "me" and "everything else"?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
On 5/10/2022 at 5:15 PM, Tine said:

Do I understand correctly, the duality would be me/"the others" and non duality is if it's all pereiced as one and there's a perceiving of the perceiving of all that includes equally "me" and "everything else"?

Hello, Tine! I’m so sorry for getting back to you so late! Yes! I think your understanding is on point! Duality would be the state of consciousness when the perceiver sees what’s ‘I’ and the others as separate. Whereas, in nonduality the perceiver would experientially realize that ‘everything’ is one ‘I’, hence the perceiver and the perceived exist as a whole / as pure awareness without objects (so to say, merging with the true nature of everything and everyone, which is undivided/nondual). As soon as this thought of separate ‘I’ emerges, everything else emerges as separate from it. While the realization of the true nature of ‘I’ (which is nondual, all-pervasive field of consciousness/awareness, a ‘unified field’ if you will) leads consciousness back to its reality. Here is an interesting perspective that explains it a lot more clearly:  

• 4 months later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Hello and welcome! I am also new here and I practice meditation! It seems I was too late to take your survey, though. I'm sorry!

Edited by LadyValkyrie
  • 4 months later...
  • Members
Posted
On 10/17/2022 at 11:58 AM, LadyValkyrie said:

Hello and welcome! I am also new here and I practice meditation! It seems I was too late to take your survey, though. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for your interest! 😊

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Thanks everyone for sharing your Great information! Its really helpful