How to handle overthinking to get something done?

su****

• Members
Posted
In my experience there's a sweet spot between planning and execution and one very rarely ever hits the bull's eye.
Even experienced crafts(wo)men run to the store mid project because this and that is missing... 😅
  • Members
Posted

I'm thinking about a box with walls twice as thick,so the wood wouldn't bend hopefully. It still hurts, because this would destroy most of the design.

Plywood would prevent the walls frm bending too, but you would see the layers when you open the box.

Thanks for the answers, I guess the key is just to keep trying until it works :D

• Members
Posted (edited)

Just in case, you would like to know how it was planned to look like :D

Bretter.thumb.jpg.a5a7f2079307755398f45fed34137aef.jpgzeichnung.thumb.jpg.14294dca324619c4f695be581024961e.jpggravur.thumb.jpg.80d3786ca883e8867e09ac8dfaa09c4b.jpg

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted
I too have the issue of over thinking to the point of not getting things done. Often times, I loose interest in the project because of the mental tiredness of over thinking. The only way I can deal with it is to just jump into it and keep my hands moving so I'm "occupied". This however leads to a lot of trial and error (often times more error).