Bored? Here's a collection of free resources to watch/ engage in in your own time

Tine

Posted

Here's some more:

• 02.04.2020 5:00 PM CET Lewis Rossignol teaches collage live on youtube
  • 03.04.2020 9:30 AM PST Science of Happiness webinar with our partners at UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center on Facebook live
  • Free video training and live webinar via conscious life
  • Spiritual Resources During the COVID-19 Pandemic from the Harvard Divinity School
  • Learn about coping skills on positivepsychology.com (hint: watching cute kitten videos on youtube is one of them!)
  • Each Monday at 7pm-8pm EST online Medicine Buddha Practice and more with Lama Rod Owens
  • Gretchen Rubin has daily conversations on Instagram Live: Coping with COVID-19 for Hacks, Encouragement, and Connection.
Posted

As I am collecting resources from all the newsletters I receive I think instead of boredom I am getting Fomo... ? As I'm working for happiness.com I get a lot of related newsletters with really nice offers but when should I ever do all of that. Well, that's one thing to be grateful right there. Having too many options to choose from! Wow!

• Plum Village offers a great resource of recorded Dharma talks and guided meditations to watch on youtube
  • mindfulleader.org offers regular meditation sessions for which you can signup here and lots of other great resources like articles

Here I updated my earlie posts so that the live events are grouped together

Posted

I attended "facing uncertainty with Frank Ostaseski" yesterday. I have to report that it was amazing. A short meditation, a talk by him about the five invitations and breakout circles with around six people in each group sharing our ideas around those. 

5 stars! Highly recommended!

Those "A dose of togetherness" meetings are organized by Reimagine (Reimagine envisions a world in which we are all able to reflect on why we're here, prepare for a time when we won't be, and live fully right up until the end.) in partnership with the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkely (with whom we are also partnering by regularly sharing some of their amazing articles on the happiness magazine.) They take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

18.04.2020/ 19.04.2020 free world premiere of the film "Already free"       “When you connect with your True Self, you connect with everything in the universe and with your destiny.” — Dorrie

Resources for challenging times by the SAND community

• Members
Posted

In my experience so far - maybe because I am retired anyway - I am busier than ever.

There's so much to do in the garden, I am trying to maintain a bit of a daily movement practice and daily meditation and then there are the many events that are suddenly available. I might just call it quarantine fomo. It looks like for some it's a time for boredom and forced intorspection and for others exactly the opposite. I can only imagine how it would be with small kids trying to juggle homeoffice tasks in addition.

However I'll be squeezing in a workshop today but it is in German. It's organized by creative mornings which is a worldwide movement offering lectures for the creative community. Check it out. ?

Posted

I joined most of the Embodied yoga summit sessions last week and it was AMAZING!

From May 16-20 there's another FREE online event series called The Embodied Connection Conference.

It's probably completely unrelated to the above mentioned summit, but I have high hopes. Who else wants to join? ?

Posted

@Candy I have signed up, but I don't know how much time I can make for sessions. ? There's a lot happening, but I attended an embodiment session once and found it really insightful, so I'll try my best to participate.

06.05.2020 2pm ET 8pm CET Finding Calm and Contentment in Turbulent Times with Rick Hanson. The author of "Hardwiring happiness" and "Buddha’s Brain" one of the authors in our Top 10 Mindfulness books. This event is organized by the Shambhala Mountain Center.

each wednesday 7:30pm EDT 1:30am CET Tara Brach hosts a meditation class each Wednesday - 30min of Vipassana meditation and a 1h Dharma Talk. Tara Brach hosted an Online Satsang but it was full within the shortest time.

Posted

Tonight I'll be attending Finding Calm and Contentment in Turbulent Times with Rick Hanson. I am trying to attend 1 to 2 classes per week. This sounds like very little, but despite not going out I seem to have no extra time on my hands.

On Saturday at 8pm CET there is a live Satsang with Tara Brach that I signed up for. Which is already sold out again. This is not for free. Though 5 - 15$ are reasonable. Especially give how many of her talks and guided meditations I have listend to for free.

09.05.2020 - 09.07.2020 Reimagine: Life, Loss, & Love I have attended several of their "Dose of togetherness" events and they are really wholesome and building connection over tough topics. I will let their vision speak for them: "Reimagine envisions a world in which we are all able to reflect on why we’re here, prepare for a time when we won’t be, and live fully through the end. In facing death, we begin to live fully."

Posted

being & doing conference: REPLAYS OF ALL SPEAKER SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE UNTIL THURSDAY 12 Midnight Eastern Time (U.S.) including Jeff Foster, Dan Siegel, Aisha Salem, Lama Rod Owens, Tami Simon and others

Posted

How about the quaratine bingo that our friends over at happify made?

Happify-Bingo-QuarantineCOVID_19.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

June 24-28: RE-AWAKEN a free online event presented by Lion's Roar "Cultivate mindfulness, loving-kindness, and positive change for yourself and our world with wise guidance from 16 renowned spiritual teachers and activists."

• 3 months later...
Posted

Oct. 19 - 23: Deep Flow Conference & Workshops is a FREE, live online event, featuring a diverse line-up of inspired (and inspiring) speakers, who will share practices and insights to help you liberate your own deepest flow.

Speakers includes:

• Michael Beckwith - Agape Spiritual Center - On Practice, Service & Love
  • Steven Kotler - Stealing Fire - The Art of Impossible
  • Loch Kelly - Open-Hearted Awareness Institute - Effortless Mindfulness
  • Patricia Albere - Evolutionary Collective - Unitive Flow
  • Karen Johnson - The Diamond Approach - Continuous Discovery
  • Tami Simon - Sounds True - Leading & Letting Go
  • Craig Hamilton - Integral Enlightenment - Beyond Peak Experiences
  • Katie Goodman - Speaker & Comedian - Improvisation for Life
  • Diane Allen - Concert Violinist - Flow on Demand
  • Paul Austin - the Third Wave - The Psychedelic Evolution
  • Martin Aylward - Inner Critic to Inner Freedom
  • Rick Barrett - Knowing Without Thinking
  • Jeffery Martin - Persistent Awakening
  • Cameron Norsworthy - Insights from the Field
  • Elizabeth Debold & Thomas Steininger - One World in Dialogue

During this 5-day LIVE interactive conference, there will be live Q & A as well as a Virtual Cafe that will open its doors to allow everyone to connect with their fellow participants.

Posted

October 14th - 25th 2020 The embodiment Conference - Free access to world-class teachers, practical tools for times of turmoil, and a supportive global community

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

Thanks for the many helpful links. My job is frequent business trips, so it will be useful for me to have something to fill my time on the road)) By the way, is there someone who started learning a foreign language now? Is it really possible to do it yourself without visiting a teacher?

Posted

I haven't tried learning a foreign language myself, but I heard there are a few different apps that might be useful. I'm sure there are also teachers offering online courses now that there might be restrictions about meeting in person, so that could also be worth looking into! ?

• Members
Posted
23 hours ago, Lizzie said:

I haven't tried learning a foreign language myself, but I heard there are a few different apps that might be useful. I'm sure there are also teachers offering online courses now that there might be restrictions about meeting in person, so that could also be worth looking into! ?

I have been using several app like memrise or duolingo. They are great for learning vocabulary and also listening and pronounciation but when it comes to learning the grammar they don't really work too well.