Home Furnishing

su****

• Members
Posted
Harmonizing furniture is important for me. Practically furnituring is for classical look or save money.
Posted

To me it's definitely important what furniture and home goods look like too, I think it helps to create a home you love and feel completely relaxed and comfortable in. However, I wouldn't choose something that I thought looked really good if it didn't also fulfil its' purpose; like a beautifully designed but terribly uncomfortable sofa. 😅 

Home decor is really fun, and there are so many ways to go about it too. You can find lots of cool pieces on auction sites or second hand, and when you put them next to those slightly random things you're not even sure where they came from (or why they're still there), you see them in a different light! 

There are lots of fun IG accounts about home decor to get inspiration and figure out what you like and don't like, and also, if you're a bit of a handy Andy, pages that show how you can upcycle or revamp items to make them feel like brand new.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Did you ever paint a wall in any color but white?
I didn't. Most of my furniture is black, white and gray, because it harmonizes with everything, which is practical. I'm not quite sure, which things to pick in black, white and gray and which things to pick colorful.

My PC monitor is all black but with a very small red accent on it's foot. And regret it a little bit, because I can never have another color on my desk now :D

Black, white, gray seems to be the safe way and any color can be very beautiful, but there is always a restriction attached to it.
So, which things do you pick neutral and which things do you pick colorful?

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Sorai said:

Check out Feng Shui, the art of space management, I think you'd love it

I've heard of it before and in my mind it was some kind of superstition, like if you don't put your stuff this way, you will have bad luck and feel terrible.

But I looked it up and it's quite awesome. I like, how it recommends a mixture of all kind of materials like stone and wood. The bagua is inspiring too. I can imagine the good impact when your home reminds you of all the things that you have succeeded in the the fame area.

So thanks for changing my mind! :D

Posted

@suedseefrucht It can definitely be a bit daunting to add colours to your home, somehow it can seem as a big commitment! But first of all, if you don't want to add too much colour to your home, you don't have to! And secondly, there are no rules! If you like it or it "sparks joy", go for it 🌈

If you do want to add some colour to your home, perhaps a starting point could be to incorporate colourful artwork for your walls, plants, a blanket or decorative pillows, a lamp shade, placemats, rugs, bedding - basically the decoration and the textiles. Maybe start with something as small as coasters 😅 

My walls are boldly painted beige lol 

• Members
Posted

I discussed this with my girlfriend too and at the moment, our idea is to get permanent furniture, like couch, tables and chairs in black, white or gray and make the decoration colorful.

This way, the permanent stuff will always look fine and we still get some color and variety.

• Members
Posted
For all combination you should take help of interior designer and for supernatural effect 'Vastu Shastra' is best. You can involve own ideas for give effect of 'the law of attraction' effect. My home to furnitures are also with help of that and I feel very helpful by god.
  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, ChandanSingh said:

'Vastu Shastra' is best

I read Vastu Shastra is more for architecture and Feng Shui is more for home furnishing, but I'll take a look at it.

Posted

@suedseefrucht Good call with the more neutral colours for the permanent stuff. In a few years time when you'd like a change but changing everything is costly and not environmentally friendly a new cushion cover on the couch can make all the difference.

Posted

We have this "rule" at home that we reuse what we have, if we do not already have a variety or can build it by adjusting something we have we look for something second hand and if then we still really can't find what we'd like we might not need it to start with and only if we really need it we consider buying it new.

Some things are inherited, some found, some recycled, some build, some we had bought when we were students. This way our place is creatively pieced together and might look shabby at parts to some but it all tells the story of our home.

• Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Tine said:

Some things are inherited, some found, some recycled, some build, some we had bought when we were students. This way our place is creatively pieced together and might look shabby at parts to some but it all tells the story of our home.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:42 PM, suedseefrucht said:

The bagua is inspiring too. I can imagine the good impact when your home reminds you of all the things that you have succeeded in the the fame area.

Stuff making you remember oldtimes is also part of Feng Shui.

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2022 at 11:56 AM, Sorai said:

Check out Feng Shui, the art of space management, I think you'd love it

On 5/24/2022 at 6:38 AM, ChandanSingh said:

'Vastu Shastra' is best

I'm a bit confused, because these two recommend contrary things.
Vastu Shastra says, there is heavy energy in  the south and earth energy in the south west, so you will probably have the deepest sleep in the south west.
Feng Shui says, the south is the brightest yang area with the most active energy and dark ying energy is in the north, representing the night and supporting sleep.

So did I get something wrong or is it just confusing? :D

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

894379C2-7BF7-4DEB-B79A-9582E9E8FC1F.png.248b0b2d473ec8c0bc6718809fa711d2.png93177B74-7003-4E89-8587-D7DE131C18BA.jpeg.a02fe0e65c9d169d27faba62a37ccb16.jpeg

BOTH❣️

I had a problem with my house for some time.  It was a pretty room with an attached four season room.  Two way gas fireplace and terracotta tile floor.  A hot tub I never use.  The entire space was so energy inefficient (an oven in the summer and icebox in the winter.  This made the upstairs master and bath just as energy efficient) and waste of space, and not practical or functional at all.  Even worse, with the pool outside, there’s no private recreational space when the pool is closed 9 months of the year.  Big black snap on pool cover rectangle.  Not natural looking or pretty.  So much wasted space!  The sunroom wasn’t livable, and neither was the yard.   I’m four months into the process of demolition/restoration/construction.  Working in a tight budget and having to give up some things along the way, I realized that people don’t think things through.  Now, when I look at a toilet, it has to do more than flush.  Everything must be efficient.  With my concept, everything needs two purposes.  It has to be practical and durable before we pretty it up.  Function before fashion lol  😂🙏🏼 

Recently, some friends I haven’t seen in a while wanted a video of the renovation in progress.  I’m sharing it with you now because it might make sense to you, because you make sense to me!  Go for it!🙏🏼

❤️🙏🏼Stay safe and blessed 

Edited by Bettina
Duplicate
  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Bettina said:

Now, when I look at a toilet, it has to do more than flush.  Everything must be efficient.

Efficiency can be bad for a toilet. Yea, you save some water but if you use less water, the "stuff" might block the tubes over time. So just keep that in mind. 

Nice room by the way. 

The element water is missing a little bit, when the pool turns into earth, but the blue vase and the black couch is a great start. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The atmosphere in the house should always have a favorable effect on your mood. Everything in the house should be pleasant and comfortable for you. An acquaintance of mine recently changed the windows in his house. He was recommended to read an article about windows and doors. He said he liked the quality to price ratio. Maybe it will be useful to someone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

For me, it is also important that the house was clean. But in the kitchen there were problems with the sewerage. I do not know what to do. I have never encountered this. Now I feel uncomfortable in the kitchen.

• Members
Posted
55 minutes ago, RebeccaLee said:

But in the kitchen there were problems with the sewerage. I do not know what to do. I have never encountered this. Now I feel uncomfortable in the kitchen.

You can get pipe cleaner in the super market and if that doesn't help:
A) You are renting the appartment: Ask your landlord (is that really the right word for someone renting apparrtments? :D "Owner" maybe) to order a plumber.

B) You own the appartment: Order a plumber yourself.