How stressed are you at work?

Tine

• Members
Posted

I got 20, but I think the questionnaire misses possibly the most important factor, and that is whether you're happy and fulfilled at what you do, or not. 

My workload, deadlines, responsibilities etc would probably be regarded as crazy to some people. And I would probably question it myself if I didn't find what I do as fun and exciting. 

I "explored" the idea of "purpose" in depth a few years ago while suffering serious lack of energy levels. The main cause of my energy level was lack of purpose and fulfilment. In short, the job I was at didn't inspire me. It was a means to earn money, and only that, which is not enough to keep me motivated. 

The stress therefore was resultant and therefore secondary to the lack of purpose and future ambition. 

Focusing on doing a job for money alone is toxic and sadly not a lot of people realise this. 

With the current state of what's going on in the world, a lot of people are focusing on money and health - but not in the correct way I feel. (I apologise to anyone who misinterprets what I'm trying to say here. It's not to make light of real anxieties etc). 

As hard as it may seem (and it can be quite the discipline to get used to), focusing on creating, focusing on looking for opportunities rather than problems, can give back a sense of ownership of one's universe. You become cause again, and not effect of what's going on. It increases your vibe, gives you more energy both mentally and physically. 

Follow your purpose! 

• Members
Posted

I'm sure that everything takes its toll eventually - even "good stress". However I'd rather my body was "done in" in a good way because of amazing adventures and fun healthy pursuits than to look back at a lifetime of misery and no end results. 

Great topic though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

This a very good ebook to know more about stress "Living a Free Stress life"
https://payhip.com/b/zNEi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I lost my job due to quarantine. I need to search another one:(

• Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Kozerss said:

I lost my job due to quarantine. I need to search another one:(

Hi.. Many loosing jobs. This has nothing to do with your capability. I am  sure you will find another one soon Just don't stress much. It's a temporary phase which will go and new dawn will bring more light. Stay blessed 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks! I understand that it not depends from me. Of course I'm searching for something new. I even ordered professional resume from AccuroResumes to get more attention from employers. Maybe this will help!

Edited by Kozerss
  • 4 months later...
  • Members
Posted

34 "You experience regular stress sometimes maybe even to an unhealthy degree."

This was not always the case at my job. I love what I do and that played a big factor in my stress factor. However, with new management and the pandemic this has changed a lot of things. Now I feel like I am feeling stressed out on a regular basis. I have had to figure out how to not bring it home and let it rule my life outside of my work hours. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Most of you will disagree, when I say

Stress is good

According to experts, ‘stress is a burst of energy that basically advises you on what to do. In small doses, stress has many advantages. For instance, stress can help you meet daily challenges and motivates you to reach your goals. In fact, stress can help you accomplish tasks more efficiently. It can even boost memory.’  I have written this article some time back, you can read it here "How to Manage Stress"

So, lets accept that stress is not bad, only thing we need to know is how to manage this stress for our growth.

Posted
On 11/2/2020 at 6:01 PM, JiyoFullest said:

Stress is good

I disagree... AND I agree ?

Short term stress is energizing and even healthy as it gets the organism going. The problem is when, after a stressful phase, there is no matching recovery phase. Chronic stress is dangerous. As so often drilling deeper, we get a more nuanced picture.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted

yeah i got 11..pretty good. no stress .Last year I got 70 and having alots of stress that time. I still remember I was in depression and insomnia attacks. Then I read some books related to mental health and want to improve this then someone suggest me life coaching. Life coaching changed my life after this I have no stress and insomnia anymore.