How do I stay positive when circumstances say they’re not.

Si****

• Members
Posted
Hi!! Why don't you create a positive circumstances or positive routine for yourself first!!! take care of yourself .Take a break and take a deep breath and start cherising all those moments that made you happy ,because you know ..,,happiness creates vibration .Love yourself,believe in yourself .You are a creator ,..so just go and give yourself some care and happiness you'll figure everything out 🦋❤️
  • Members
Posted

There is distraction and there is solving the negative pattern's root.
Solving the negative pattern's root should be the first target.

So, what do these patterns feel like and do you have an idea, where they come from?

• Members
Posted
I struggle with bipolar disorder 2. I’m on medication but still find myself depressed and occasionally mania. So when I’m in the depressed state I feel like I can’t get positive and if I’m right what you think about and the more momentum the negative gets the more I stay stuck.
  • Members
Posted
14 hours ago, SimplyTammy said:

So when I’m in the depressed state I feel like I can’t get positive

Okay, so you feel bad. But in which way? Do you feel lonely, do you feel overwhelmed, bored, listless? What is it exactly?

• Members
Posted
By change the eye view of mindset, time to time, you can be positive.
  • Members
Posted
A little bit of all three
  • Members
Posted

Hi Simply Tammy, I struggled for too many years stuck in the darkness, trying to blend in to this physical realm we call life. Once My twin flame awakening occurred. I learned where those negative thoughts were coming from, and they weren't coming from God. Trust me, the thoughts still come. The difference is they don't stay. On one hand, I identify when, where and why the negativity is trying to attack me. Being a believer in Jesus Christ, I command them to flee. They disappear like cowards. On the other hand, in my experience .the negative thoughts also trigger me to process , and heal from any core traumas, loss, guilt, and bad choices I've made in my life. I'll be praying for you Tammy, and remember the evil one is the liar of all liars!! God Bless♥️🙏🙏🙏😎

• Members
Posted
On 6/17/2022 at 10:21 PM, SimplyTammy said:

A little bit of all three

Alright.

When you are overwhelmed you can improve your self-confidence by remembering everything you achieved. Just take a moment and be proud of yourself.
Then you can divide the overwhelming stuff into smaller tasks and deal with them one by one. This way you can get multiple moments of success, which keep you motivated.

Being bored isn't too bad. Sometimes it's good to have nothing to do, so you can take a moment just for yourself to think about anything that comes to your mind.
If you would like to do something, there are many very natural things to spend your time on. Like cooking a meal. Trying new recipes can be funny and increasing cooking skills is always something very useful. You can also bake a cake, waffles or maybe some cookies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

It helped my friend to fully live these emotions, no matter how hard it was.

• Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, rcnrlla said:

It helped my friend to fully live these emotions, no matter how hard it was.

That's some great advise.
Especially when feeling mourning, people should not suppress the feeling, but go right through it.
Suppression just makes it worse.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Gratitude Journal

and it's ok to repeat things day after day.  My head, my eyes, my hand to the paper focusing to identify things that make me grateful.

some of my fav's - air, sun, health, family members over and over again.   Dinner plans tonight.  Gas in my truck!  it's endless and cleansing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Gratitude can really do magic. I still remember a nice quote from a Zen teacher when I started with meditation. He said like this: "Ordinary people have everything, but she/he is not thankful for anything. With Zen practice, you may not have everything, but you are grateful for everything" 🙏😃

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted
Thank you for the great advice. My boys turned 22 today. Twins…. I don’t want to revert backwards and feel shame again because it was already released.
  • Members
Posted
I have so much to be grateful for!!!
  • 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Hi SimplyTammy, lots of great advice already here. Gratitude journals are wonderful. Know that you don't have to "feel" the gratitude each time. Sometimes people get caught up on that. You just have to write it and do your best to feel it, then let go. 

Another suggestion if you can't feel happy about the scenario, is to make peace with things as they are. "I am sad right now, but that's ok, it's temporary and will fade." 

"I feel overwhelmed right now, that's ok, everyone feels like this sometimes. I've made it through before, I'll find a way to make it through again."

"I feel lonely, but that's ok, lost of people feel the same, so I feel lonely, but I am not alone in it. And it gives me time to learn more about myself, read books, watch TV, explore interests, and that can be fun if I try it."

"I am bored right now, which gives means I have time to meditate :D" 

• 6 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Mindset work, meditation and some forms of hypnosis helps a lot. I make my meditation a daily process. Curious to know how things are coming along for you. If you'd like to know what I'm using, I'm happy to share