Meditaion techniques? What are yours?

Co****

Posted

Hi Cody, welcome to happiness! 🌻

I'll share a few articles about different forms of meditation from our Magazine that you might find interesting: 

• Members
Posted

So happy to join this forum and share my personal meditation experiences with all 💯 So I usually sit in silence, play some nature sounds and try to relax my mind and simply breathe in and breathe out. This YouTube video helps me, you can try it too 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Hello Everyone! Currently looking for some recommendations for meditation guides. Recently worked my way through this one: Meditation for Beginners and absolutely loved it! (Great for beginners) Please let me know! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

if you are a beginner and don't know how to meditate? then here is the simple mediation technique.

This is totally free and you don't have to go anywhere to do this.. you can simply do this in your home.

1. Sit down. Find a quiet place to sit where you feel calm.
2. You can set a time limit on the timer
3. Close your eyes
4. Pay attention to your body. Don't keep any thoughts in your mind... Just relax your mind
5. Breathe in and out naturally
6. Focus on the breath completely

do this for at least 10 min in starting

when you do it, you will get some relief. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

I prefer to meditate with my eyes closed and soothing music in the background.  Always focus on your breathing, the best way to go is inhale 4 seconds, hold your breath 4s and exhale 4s. Once you count seconds and focus on your breathing, you don't have much room for other thougths. If you by accident open your eyes watch a video like this for example

Watch and listen without any preference, emotion nor expectation. Proceed with calm, again focus on your breathing and close your eyes. Generally speaking, let your thoughts and emotion just flow. Be in the moment, become the moment, be one with yourself and everything around you. Be one! Just flow like water, let the air fill your lungs with good energy, then exhale the bad energy.

Edited by InnerPeace
n/a
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Hello Cody, The way I like to meditate is quite simple: practicing being present with my experience moment to moment through the mindfulness of breathing mainly. I also find the practice of loving kindness (Metta Bhavana) extremely rewarding. I wish you well on your journey 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Hi All.

I recently discovered Mindfull Mediation with Art. Meaning drawing by yourself or looking at someone who is drawing  - can help relax - at leat it does for me.

I really like this channels

Enjoy,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Meditation is a great way to relax, and listening to meditation music helps also. Here is one I find useful and helps me relax....

• Members
Posted

Mindful meditation is a popular and pretty basic type of meditation. If you deal with anxiety or depression it can be very helpful in minimizing those conditions. Mindfulness means to be present and fully engaged with whatever you’re doing in the moment. Mindfulness meditation is the practice of being mindful — being aware — of exactly what you are doing in this present moment. You can practice mindfulness meditation at any time, anywhere, doing anything — walking in the park, washing dishes, or getting dressed in the morning. In short, it simply means to be one hundred percent involved in whatever activity you are currently engaged in — and not worrying about the future, stressing about the past, or thinking about any distractions.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Hi Cody, sometimes the best way to learn about a new meditation technique is to try it. I have a free guided meditation here in my style (I also meditate in silence, and do mindfulness meditations too). 

• Members
Posted

Cody, I also have a very in depth video on HOW to meditate. 

On this journey, you will hear many rules. "You should meditate sitting up," "you should have no thoughts," "you should meditate for X amount of time," "you should meditate in the mornings," etc. 

At the end of the day, it's about figuring out what works best for you.

If you are not a morning person, let's say, finding 15 extra minutes during a time you sleep in and barely get out the door in time will work against you.  

If you spend most of your time feeling uncomfortable while you meditate sitting up, you aren't going to stick with meditating for long, as another example. 

If you really only have 15 minutes to meditate, but you hear advice saying it should be 30-45 min each day... the rest of your life will take a hit and you again won't stick with meditating in the long term. And if you don't spend the 30-45 min others advised you to, you'll feel guilty or like you're missing out. 

I talk about that and many different ways to meditate. From working with colors, to chakras, to silence, to mindfulness, to guided. Lengths of time, sitting up or lying down, and much more. I hope it serves you ❤️