Where can I go make local friends?

vi****

• Members
Posted (edited)

Welcome.

What do you do for living or for fun?

You can ask your colleagues to join some activity after work.

If you are living at a bay, you can ask people if you may join them playing volleyball.

This way, there is something, you have in common. So you get to know each other as teammates - not as strangers.

Edited by suedseefrucht
Posted

For striking up conversation I would say to be yourself, and make some little comment to the other person. Something about how much you enjoy what you are ordering, asking how the other person is doing, comment on the weather (at least a very popular topic of conversation in North Europe where I'm from lol), or any current event. Another way of starting conversation is to ask for suggestions or advice, maybe for a good gym, a nice restaurant, or something practical. 

Your place of work is, as @suedseefrucht says, a great way to connect and make friends, and here on happiness you can search for friends based on geographic location (we're still a small community though) and through shared interests.

• Members
Posted
Am agnes by name from south Africa living in Oakland CA usa , am looking for friends
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
Hi
My name is Ali, I’ve arrived in South Africa for the rest of my life.
I would like to find a friend
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
June 24, agnes111olyn said:
Am agnes by name from south Africa living in Oakland CA usa , am looking for friends

Lies. Your write up didn’t show any of this. You must be of fake fake profile. You are from some local Country with local scammers brain. Your write up has says.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Join Community Groups and Clubs: Community groups and clubs are excellent platforms for meeting like-minded individuals who share similar interests. Look for local organizations, hobby groups, sports clubs, book clubs, or volunteering opportunities in your area. Engaging in activities you enjoy will naturally attract others with similar passions, providing a great foundation for building friendships. мParticipate in Local Classes or Workshops: Consider enrolling in local classes or workshops that align with your interests or hobbies. Whether it's a cooking class, art workshop, dance lessons, or language courses, these environments promote interaction and collaboration, creating opportunities to connect with fellow participants who share similar passions.

• Members
Posted
First from real life, after fail find in city community, and if than you also fail than try online. Or best is to make an animal friend.