Living and being alive

su****

• Members
Posted
I disagree. I think that problems distract people from adapting a long state of mind
of peace and joy.

Better to have a life governed by a more healthy inner state and less by the negative aspects that stem from outside circumstances. And problems prevent us from maintaining such a strong mental state long term.

I think focusing on my inner peace, joy and love based on knowledge that trains my mind to be in an inner state of peace naturally without finding comfort in external things is what makes me alive. And would love to eliminate my external problems because they always come in between my love for peace and quietness of mind and life.

I’m okay with problems but it should be like 10% problems and 90% peaceful state. So I can enjoy even the little things like going for dinner and so on.
  • Members
Posted
3 hours ago, star14 said:

I disagree. I think that problems distract people from adapting a long state of mind
of peace and joy.

Yes, problems are distracting. So you will not feel bored, but you will not feel great neither.

4 hours ago, star14 said:

peaceful state

A peaceful and happy state is the aim, yes. But how to keep this state alive? 

All these little things you mentioned are very important to stay happy and peaceful - otherwise you might get bored. 

• Members
Posted
We can keep it alive by not assuming peace to be boredom. To train the mind through knowledge and that truly transforms and renews the mind to understand that peace are inner states that come through proper knowledge and knowledge, not external things. We can not rely on “going out for movies, dinners, value on cars, or things because things are physical experiences that only please us for the moment. Anything that comes from the external world cannot be the reason to maintain and keep our state alive. By the way, you are super involved on this app, and that’s a very commendable trait and says a lot about who you are, and I respect you for it and you are relatively a great human! So keep helping people and engaging these helpful conversations! Many thanks!
  • Members
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, star14 said:

We can keep it alive by not assuming peace to be boredom. To train the mind through knowledge and that truly transforms and renews the mind to understand that peace are inner states that come through proper knowledge and knowledge, not external things. We can not rely on “going out for movies, dinners, value on cars, or things because things are physical experiences that only please us for the moment. Anything that comes from the external world cannot be the reason to maintain and keep our state alive. By the way, you are super involved on this app, and that’s a very commendable trait and says a lot about who you are, and I respect you for it and you are relatively a great human! So keep helping people and engaging these helpful conversations! Many thanks!

Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot to me.
So you are saying, a person could sit in a prison cell for a year, all alone without activities and not get bored and even be happy, if the person is educated and peaceful?
Personally, I would be bored for sure ^^
But I try to understand your point of view, because this is what these topics are for. Getting to know eachother's ideas and thoughts.

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted
Take me for instance, I come from a well off family, went to university and got 2 degrees from my time there! But something in me couldn’t bare going into the corporate world give my whole life to that! I found that I would eventually be miserable if I don’t do something different. So I said to myself; how about I take a few years to myself, with no eventual savings, or anything that would give me security outside me being a living soul and seeing if I could survive.

So I pack the little clothes I could, and left everything behind, from friends, family to romantic relationships, I mean everything including all my life accomplishments. And I went away to figure out if I could make a life without conforming to the norm. And to cut the long story short, it was the best thing I have ever done, and i did this at 26 years old, and I’m now 30 years and I can’t imagine a life with the blended masses. I am completely content with knowledge, and I love quiet and boredom doesn’t exist to me, because nature has become my world and it’s educational to my benefit and also, I find peace in learning.. and having the right desires that have pushed me to be healthy in my thoughts and even down to my actions and things that excite me are simply eating vegetables, water, learning to grow myself even more into inner peace and inner satisfaction …

I then challenged myself back into the normal world, reconnect with my family and the ways of this world to see if I can bring my world into this way of life, but wow all of it is loud and it really tastes bitter to my inner being, from the conversations people like to talk about, it’s all draining and full of problems and strife or meaningless things like Instagram and tik toks that I find boring…

I allowed myself to watch Netflix with family but most of it promotes greed, lust and sexual desires that take us away from truly being.

Obviously I’ve left out so much.. but maybe that can give you a more insight to why I think the way I do.

So I’m really struggling to remain in this way, and my family are so attached and holding on to me so much that, I hate to hurt their feelings and go live next to the beach and mountains away from the city by myself but I have this huge craving to never come back this time. So that’s scares me, hence I’ve come on this app. Hoping to meet people to maybe talk about stuff like this, haha so cool to have had you ask the question you asked…

Also I find it good for me to finally say it to myself that I’m ready to exist and go live off grid for good.

And I haven’t met people who are like minded, in the past I was ok with that. But I think it would be even better if I had a community of people like me around me but better a partner to walk with but apart from that super content … with just me.

And don’t get me wrong, a dinner by myself at a cool restaurant, ahhh amazing times at the beach all afternoon, movies at a cinema with a great movie showing like DUNE or something by myself has been wonderful but it’s not my reason for joy. Knowledge is.

And when I do get to meet someone and have a conversation after 4 months of no interactions and by that I mean a real intentional conversation , the day I do… it’s very special and I appreciate it more because it’s not something I have placed a great deal of depends on but it has because a mere moment in time…

There’s nothing that compares to when everything is quiet and it’s just me and my surroundings, and I’m alone in my thoughts, because of all the knowledge and understanding I’m at my most peace and enjoyment and it’s hard to give that up! Because for me it’s a real reality …
  • Members
Posted
And to answer your question. Yes, if that person’s intention is to go inward and not be fixated about everything else outside themselves, and learn to cultivate their inner world without using stuff but to use proper insights to still the heart and mind to relaxation rather than greed, lust and desires…
One year alone for educational purposes can be the most profound and productive year to just invest into the mind, because at the end of the day, the mind controls our actions…
  • Members
Posted

Thanks for sharing your story. 

I think, I get what you meant now. 

I think, we can both agree that a monotonous life would be boring. It would be like waking up, watching tik tok, going to work, watching tik tok and going to bed. 

But nature and silence is not boring at all. 

Maybe I can share a part of my story too. 

I'm from a well off family too, but I don't need much money. I save most of it for a house or whatever I might need in the future. 

When I was a child, my dad, some friends and me went wild camping in a friend's forest every year. 

One weekend without a bathroom or anything but a tent and a campfire. 

Relaxing, cutting dead trees, baking stick bread,... It was awesome and a great experience, just hearing nature without the noise of cars or people. 

In 10th grade, I went to texas for 4 weeks for a student exchange. I went to school with them, played Football, watched Football, went swimming in the golf of mexico, visited a ranch with some real cowboys and I this way I got to know their very open and friendly culture. 

Today, I'm 27 years old and working as an engineer. I really wanted to be one, because I like the variety and creativity of the job. 

But I will not make my father's mistake and take too much responsibility just to get more money. My aim is a healthy work life balance. 

And I still go to lakes or forests, just to hear the silence and to enjoy nature sometimes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
Thank you for sharing this with me. It really mattered to hear about your background and thank you for taking the time to care to relate, it meant a lot. Sorry for the late response; life got in the way and I’m glad today I got around to let you know how much I appreciated this :)