Is sex necessary?

ne****

Posted

I doubt that there's a general answer to that. Different people have different needs. Not only that - needs also change over time.

Your question is still important as it's something we need to know about ourselves so we can be open about our needs with our partner(s).

That at this moment as a person to whom physical contact is very important long distance relationships won't work for you is totally fine - it doesn't have to be the same for others though.

• Members
Posted (edited)

That sounds like multiple questions with some of them being more important than the title one. 

Is sex necessary every day? 

I don't think so. It's not even realistic in a usual relationship. 

Is physical contact necessary at all? 

To me, sex, hugs and cuddling is part of a relationship. 

Can a long distance relationship work? 

I was part of one for over a year, so it's possible. We visited each other every few weeks or like once a month in person and we were talking to each other almost every day. This way we could be there for each other - even with the distance between us. 

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted
Yes indeed intimacy is necessary in relationship
  • Members
Posted
Yes. Sex is necessary. 👍👍 Have fun 😀
  • Members
Posted
None at all,? Or just like very infrequent. I don't think it's a deal breaker personally if it's just infrequent . The other forms of intimacy... really connecting, are what get me going. The actual act of sex is just a bonus then. Disclaimer
I am a bit of a sapiosexual
  • Members
Posted
Is sex before marriage really important if one is gonna end up breaking up with you?
  • Members
Posted
Sex was instituted by God for the soul of husband and wife...I may not be perfect but I'm going slowly and enjoying God more and more.