How to network efficiently?

an****

• Members
Posted

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to a city and I am trying to build my circle of connection. I feel I need to connect with people that do the same as i do. I don't know many people personally that do. I am looking to exchange ideas and help each other. I see people in groups that it seems they are very good at making connections and networking. I seem to meet people but then is difficult to keep the conversation and stay close.

Any tips you would give?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Why did you move to the city? For a job? To go to the university?
Whatever it is, I guess there will be colleagues.

You can get to know them by having lunch together for example and if you like some of them, you can ask them if they would like to meet after work or something like that.

A second way would be pursuing hobbies with others. Like in a sports club, dancing, in a maker space, ...
Same procedure.

Activities could be going to the cinema, having dinner at one's place or in a restaurant, visiting a christmas market, game nights, ...

But I know, it's hard. I've been there too.

I met with colleagues at friday nights and I got to know some people by playing video games.
And I've still got some old friends from school times.

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted

thanks for your reply. I guess my main challenge is that i work remotely home and i am by myself. I didnt find coworking spaces in my city. I need to travel for 30 min which is not much.

My issue though is to connect with people. I am not a charismatic person and I think it's why i am not able to connect properly with people. Otherwise, how do others have so many connections? 

• Members
Posted
Groups and communities are nice to meet new people. Constant keep in touch with friends by messages are also good to keep network. New cities cultural houses are also a good idea to join and grow network and while citizens of world🌏 are already connected by internet to join anyone.
  • Members
Posted
Am 12.8.2022 at 17:02, schrieb anna1987:

I guess my main challenge is that i work remotely home and i am by myself

Okay, so there would be after work activities. 

What do you like to do after work?

If you like to cook, you could visit a cooking class with other people like you.