People at Korean American Church

vi****

• Members
Posted (edited)

They never invite me (36F African American ) to hang out with them. I met them in 2013. I stopped going to the church in February 2017. They ignore my calls, text messages and social media messages. I tried everything to get them to invite me to hang out with them and nothing worked. They make dumb excuses not to pick me up to take to church all because I live in another city and I live far away from them. I guess they want to hang out with other Koreans, Korean Americans and half Koreans which so selfish. So now I gave up on them because I don’t call them my friends if they don’t invite me to hang out with them, take me out to lunch or do something nice for me and don’t respond to my text messages and social messages and calls. What’s your opinion?

P.S. This girl name Youngeun ignored my calls and messages for the whole week because a fall fest at the church in 2014. I never went to the fall fest. I hate her. Then she texted me after the fall fest and apologized and said she was very busy. No she wasn’t. She just ignored me. I guess she just want to have a party with a bunch of Koreans.

So in high school, I didn’t know that Koreans are very homogeneous. I just found out last year.

They keep telling me that them and I are not that close. Whatever man. They just don’t want to get close with non Koreans or non Asians. They don’t seem to care about me. I feel like they’re not thinking about me. They don’t care if I’m bored or not. They keep telling me they’re busy when they’re not doing nothing all day. I see their Instagram and Snapchat stories of them not doing nothing or just hanging out with a bunch of Koreans.

Every time I make a group chat on KakaoTalk and add them and say hey or ask them a question, they just leave group chat. I just wanna punch them. Every time I message them on social media, they just block me. So rude. I guess they’re so obsessed with Koreans and Korean culture. They just want to be friends with other Koreans because they’re Korean or half Korean or Korean American. So selfish as hell

Why do Koreans hang out with only Koreans?

Edited by victorious86
  • Members
Posted
I see a lot of racism in all you said, just give them chance , live your own best , stay away from them, your peace of mind matters, in as much as they don’t need you around doesn’t mean no one want you , this group of people, give them their space , you will see your peace of mind.
  • Members
Posted
They are people of only color.
  • Members
Posted

My youngest son is married to a very polite young south Korean girl who likes to mingle with all kinds of people.  In fact, that is how the met.  They met in Australia.  Their parents have been very supportive.  My step father comes from Singapore where in joined the Australian army as a medic when first migrating here.  The amount of racism I saw growing up as a kid in a rural area and during the CV Drama which is still going on - I always find it amazing how most people get their origins wrong.  It's like every Asian person is nailed as Chinese who are also just as misinterpreted by our political and social bias. 

Nothing but labels to me. This is why I don't do flags as well as people.  I would rather meet up with sheep.  In fact is pretty much how I lived on the land.  

I'd say it's more an issue of what's being taught from the pulpit and how people are relegated with rigid beliefs than anything to do with race or ethnicity.  Although the latter having a group mentality which always tends to have more cons than pros.  Be wary of hive minds and don't take their behaviors personally. 

• 3 weeks later...