agoraphobia and depression

es****

• Members
Posted

anyone here deal with agoraphobia and high functioning depression? its really lonely and hard. lost friends because of this and i have no insurance and it gets really hard.

• Members
Posted
I'm sorry that you are going through this. I know it's hard to get help without insurance.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I'm sorry to hear this because I went through that also. I wish I had some powerful news for you but I just had to work at it everyday but I have to tell you. I was also a drinker at the time and that just made everything worse. I also cut back on my coffee habits thank God into tea. It's A Hard Road but Rita's much as you can on here with people who have had that experience and any info you can get. I will also tell you I am a super super advocate for EMDR. I would bet you would tell me you had a childhood trauma and EMDR Works fabulous for that. If you have any questions let me know and hang in there it does pass

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

It was with my friend after breaking up with a girl. I couldn't look at him, he just didn't have a face. I told him that it would be better for him to consult a video therapist and get the necessary support. He doubted for a long time, but still went through this consultation.

Edited by KeeganBennett
edit
  • Members
Posted

Agoraphobia can also lead to or be associated with: Depression. Alcohol or drug abuse. Other mental health disorders, including other anxiety disorders or personality disorders

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder that causes excessive fear of certain situations. Some people may even resist leaving home. With medication, cognitive behavioral therapy and lifestyle changes, patients can overcome the disorder and participate in things they enjoy. The earlier the condition is diagnosed, the better the treatments will work. Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease your ability to function at work and at home.