Your Favourite Solo Adventure

• Members
Posted

Hi everyone,

I've been on this site for a while but have never actually made the push to introduce myself! I've just moved back to Northern Ireland and am hoping to meet some new people. 

I've just updated my profile, so you can see whether we would get along or not there. Rather than repeat it here, let's get to know each other a different way;

Tell me about your favourite solo adventure. It could be an epic gap-year, a walk to your local park, or anything in between.

Look forward to getting to know you more.

Lx

Posted

Welcome to happiness Lou! I' hope you are enjoying the site and are having a lovely week

Posted
21 hours ago, Lou0404 said:

Hi everyone,

I've been on this site for a while but have never actually made the push to introduce myself! I've just moved back to Northern Ireland and am hoping to meet some new people. 

I've just updated my profile, so you can see whether we would get along or not there. Rather than repeat it here, let's get to know each other a different way;

Tell me about your favourite solo adventure. It could be an epic gap-year, a walk to your local park, or anything in between.

Look forward to getting to know you more.

Lx

Hey Lou,

thanks for posting this, that’s an interesting topic and i just start… ;)

I always searched for solo adventures since i was young(er). I’ve grown up in lovely Hamburg, which is still and will always be home to me. I always had lots of friends and activities that would/could hold me there. But i´ve always felt the need, to just be anywhere else with myself, see new things, live something else and step out of that comfort zone. So already after ending school, i went to Leipzig to do some internship, directly afterwards same thing in Cologne.

After that i came back to Hamburg to stay some years for civil service, apprenticeship etc. In that time, i tried to convince my ex girlfriend to get to live abroad, know another country, i once again felt the need to go away and leave friends, team mates and family behind. She didn´t want to…. ;) Directly after we split up i bought a one way flight to Barcelona, which always attracted me (sea and mountains so close…). And that for sure has been the best solo adventure of my life! I am still here (15 years) and never regretted just one day, having done this. It´s not a solo adventure anymore, as now, i have family here.

But i still do solo adventures. Last year i travelled alone to Portugal. Just a week, but solo adventures make me really happy (as family time does, too! ;) ). The next solo adventure is a weird one. My family will travel to see the family in south america and i will stay alone these 3 weeks. Looking forward to it with mixed feelings, but i believe that i will have a great time with myself, too ;)

I wish i could have told more solo adventures on traveling, fighting with grizzlies ;), but i mostly travelled with friends or my wife.
Have a great ending 2020, stay safe and healthy
Bjoern

• Members
Posted

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you for the welcome :)

And Bjoern, thank you for sharing your adventures! I've always wanted to visit Barcelona and that's a lovely solo adventure story; that your solo turned into a lot more. Like you I love travelling with others, but there is an extra layer about travelling alone. 

Have a great holiday period to you both, and I hope you have a safe and happy 2021.

Lou

Posted
8 minutes ago, Lou0404 said:

Like you I love travelling with others, but there is an extra layer about travelling alone. 

Yes, totally! It's the comfort zone thing, which is exciting ;)
But it's as well just nice to share these moments

Great holidays for you, too!