is there anyone here that had a similar experience or can explain what happened to me?

am****

• Members
Posted

Hi everyone, 

My first meditation 10 years ago i experienced something that felt like it was almost impossible to believe.

I was in bad place (literally). I needed something to keep my mind positive and a friend suggested me to start meditating. I asked him how to to this and he told me to lay down on my bad with my eyes closed and start focus on my breathing. Then he told me to try and be in between all my thoughts and no thoughts at all. He then said that after a while i would feel itchy in places (like there was fly on my face or something) and not to scratch but keep my focus. 

I was doing exactly as he said and like he said i started experiencing this itchy feelings on my face. Something i added to this naturally was that while i was doing all the above i kept focusing on my third eye. Without really knowing much about the third eye this is something that came naturally to me.

Suddenly i entered this black space filled with nothing. I don't really remember what was going through my head at the time but at one point i start seeing this huge black shimmering face. At first it felt peaceful but it quickly switched to a very dark feeling. I sort of was intrigued about it and kept calm trying to understand what was going on.

Then suddenly it started communicating to me i a telepathic way. Immediately it start saying all this psychotic this about killing people. This is when i got really scared and tried to start thinking of positive things to make this go away. I start thinking of my loved ones, the people i care about. Then the voice in my head start saying to kill all the people i was thinking about. my beloved ones.) 

At this moment i really panicked and tried to open my eyes again. I could't open my eyes immediately like something was holding me in there. 

When i finally opened my eyes the whole room was spinning around rapidly, my whole vision was distorted. It also kind of felt as if i was elevated from my bed. The distortion went on for 10 seconds or so slowly getting back to normal but my mind kept repeating the words kill mom, kill this person, kill that person... I was freaked out about this as it went on for another 20 minutes or so. 

Afterword everything went back to normal and i didn't meditate for a long time. 

I never experienced something like that before as it felt unreal something like that could happen in real life. 

I'm now meditating again and never experienced anything like that again.

Can anyone explain this to me please?

• Members
Posted
vor 1 Stunde, schrieb amaury:

Can anyone explain this to me please?

When you close your eyes and relax or maybe meditate if you want to call it that, the brain can start dreaming. In this state there are dreams you can control and dreams you can't control.
So yeah, I think it was a dream. The brain used dreams to process stuff that's going on in your mind - like fears, worries and so on.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

I'm sorry you had that terrifying experience. As suedsee said, often we slip into sleep states which may have caused the inability to open your eyes. 

I often feel that what we experience in meditations is a good indicator of what is going on within us. It is not to be judged, for even if there is a lot of negativity in us, meditation will make us aware, but also help us release it. 

As you said, you were in a bad place at the time. So you were likely picking up on negative thoughts around you as that was the vibration you were in. But with continued meditation you would heighten your vibration and experience safer-feeling thoughts. 

Glad you are back to meditating and having a good experience :)