How to break out of a dark place

Pe****

• Members
Posted

I have been stuck in a dark place full of sadness, hurt and anger. I can’t come up with anything that I feel I might enjoy. I don’t like who I am right now, I can’t see past who I am at the moment to see who I truly am. I’m not sure who that is anymore. I’m searching for ways to break through this. Everything I come up with, to try, I can’t bring myself to do or I start and immediately feel it’s not helping so I stop. I feel very alone and hopeless. Please any suggestions on how to start would be valued and appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

guessing nothing much happens in this forum

• Members
Posted (edited)
vor 17 Stunden, schrieb MrLahey:

guessing nothing much happens in this forum

It's up to you to make things happen here.

Am 4.1.2023 at 18:54, schrieb Penelope7:

I don’t like who I am right now

Maybe we can try to see this like a project.

Let's start with the brainstorming phase:
You can make a list with all the things you don't like, things you would like to change and things you would like to achieve.

After creating the list of all your goals, you can start planning how to realize them. I recommend deviding bigger plans into small packages/steps.

And then it's time to realize your goals step by step. The smaller the steps are, the easier it is to make them. And with every step you make there will be a small success which keeps you motivated for the next steps.

If you like, you can share your list of goals and we can find solutions together.

Edited by suedseefrucht
I added a sentence.
  • Members
Posted

I am feeling this exact same way and really struggling

• Members
Posted
vor 15 Stunden, schrieb akshu:

I am feeling this exact same way and really struggling

What's wrong exactly?