Why?

• Members
Posted

My partner recently suffered a major stroke. 8 months on and I'm his carer and don't know how/when/if his situation will improve. He was such an active man and we had great plans for the future  - semi retirement working on uk campsite during the summer and travelling Europe in the winter in our camper.

That life has been wrenched from us and we're both struggling to see anything positive in this. My philosophy is usually everything happens for a reason - ?????? How can that be applied?

The worst problem with a stroke is that nobody knows how the outcome will be so life is just a waiting game at the moment - waiting for mobility improvements but not knowing if there will be an improvement. It's a bad dream we're living through. We try to do the positive things, luckily neither of us has sunk into depression but it is just so hard with no answers .

• Members
Posted

Hi Julie, I am new here myself but felt like I needed to reach out with some love to you ❤️I was a carer for my m.i.l until she passed in 2020, so I do know how exhausting and consuming it can be as was as the sense of loss of who that person was and what is left in their place. It sounds like you had an idyllic lifestyle of camping and touring, which must make it tougher for you to see you way back to that lifestyle, being so physical and energetic - but maybe your future will still have these things, just a little differently? I am sending you strength and love, take good care of yourself ❤️

• Members
Posted
Hi Julie!
How old is your partner, and is he being vaccinated with covid 19 vaccine?
  • Members
Posted

Life will always teach us a lesson  advice learn to move in life and also learn not to move too fast MMM

• Members
Posted (edited)

For long life healthy living is important and for healthy living good Food is the way 

Edited by Saheedy