I'm just trying to learn to navigate this new chapter in life as a widow, and also start a grief support group to help others as well.

• Members
Posted

I'm just trying to learn to navigate this new chapter in life as a widow, and also start a grief support group to help others as well. I welcome any and all thoughts and insights into what the best way is to do this, I have already started back in college for my bachelor's in psychology, and Biblical studies so any additional insight to what I can do is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Katherine Stephenson

• Members
Posted

Welcome!
I would love to read about a psychologists kind of living.
Personally, I notice the disappearance of active friends with age. In school and at the university some friendships are left behind, some endure, but after these times, getting to know new people becomes hard.

Early this year I started a new hobby: photography. It gives me motivation to go outside, I get to meet other photographers and models, it's a new skill I learn, I receive positive feedback and it's fun.
So I can recommend starting a hobby you'd like to try and join others.

It can be anything like dancing, playing tennis, joining a chess club, visiting a painting workshop and much more.

• Members
Posted

I lost my husband 2 years ago. My only advice..........breathe, then breathe again. You can't get around the pain and sorrow without walking thru it. You can't go around it, under it. or over it.  Head high, eyes forward, inch by inch. There is a whole new world out there waiting for you.